There’s no doubt in asserting that studying abroad gives you exposure to endless career opportunities and enhances your personality as well. When it comes to studying abroad, there are plenty of places that considered ideal from an education perspective. It is essential to streamline all the options and filter them according to the courses offered, finance required, affordability, etc.
Budget is one of the common hindrances that often shatter the dreams of students to study at their favourite foreign country. There are several cost-efficient countries in the world that you must take into consideration if you want to avail quality education in a budget-friendly manner.
Among all the countries that don’t burn a hole in your pocket in the name of education, Vietnam is a place you can consider. To all the wanderlust who are planning to study abroad and enrich the cultural extravagance as well, Vietnam is the place for you.
Vietnam: ideal Destination To Study
Compared to other foreign countries in Asia, Vietnam is among the relatively affordable and quality destination to study. The country is brimmed with excellent educational and career opportunities that lure students from every corner of the world. From small scale agriculture, hospitality, information technology to engineering and medicine, there are plenty of credible courses in Vietnam that you can enrol yourself into.
Vietnam Student Visa: Easy Access
Vietnam student visa is received after the arrival that means you can enter on a tourist visa and stay in Vietnam to apply for the student visa at the immigration police. Below are the procedures you need to follow to acquire your Vietnam student visa:-
- Enrol into your desired course as a student in Vietnam. You can go through schools/colleges and then make a final decision of seeking admission in any one of them.
- Your school/college will be providing you with all the formal documentation of admission. The papers should mention how long you will be staying in Vietnam to study. These documents will be needed at the time of applying for a visa.
- Visit the immigration department with all the documents (proof of admission), visa application form and fee, and two passport-sized photos.
- The main immigration department of Vietnam is situated in Hanoi, Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City.
- The application fee generally ranges from USD 25 to USD 85.
- Make sure your passport has a minimum validity of six months beyond the stay. Passport should have at least one blank page left for visa stamping.
- Once you have filled the form and paid the application fee, the immigration department will start processing your visa.
If you are planning to study in Vietnam, take a look at the below tips to spend your educational tenure in a budget-friendly way.
Everyone would agree that flight tickets are one of the expenses that can be heavy on a student studying abroad. Luckily there are ways you can minimize your flight expenditure:-
- Closer the departure date, the more you pay. Try booking between Friday and Sunday when the flight fares go low.
- Filter rates from different websites to get the best deal on your tickets.
Live Like a Local
Renting rooms in Vietnam cost anywhere around USD 300 – USD 400/ month. To further minimize your cost, you can share a room with other students. Owing to the number of students coming from abroad to study, there are many schools and colleges that provide dormitories that cost around USD 100 – USD 150/month.
Use Public Transportation
Vietnam’s public transport is highly affordable and safe. Use public transport whenever you travel within the city. While public transport might test your patience but it will cut your travelling expenses. For travelling 30 kilometres within the city, you only need 25 – 50 cents. Buses do not make an announcement in English. Hence it would be better to learn some Vietnamese to survive.
If public transport is not what suits you the best, there is another cheaper and faster option to travel in Vietnam, i.e., riding apps. Uber and Grab are two of the most popular ride-hailing apps in Vietnam. They are affordable, secure and convenient to roam around the city. Both apps have a wide range of services that are focused on making the riders experience better and cheaper.
Apart from being a tourist hot spot, Vietnam is also a popular education destination that houses students from across the globe. Students who fly here to study doesn’t have to worry about a hefty bill as living and studying in Vietnam is quite affordable and fun. Whether it is acquiring a visa quickly or living like a local, Vietnam will help you in several ways in order to make your stay fruitful. The above mentioned were some quick tips that will help you make your stay affordable and convenient.