Vietnam, a country renowned for its rich history, vibrant culture, and breathtaking landscapes, has taken a significant step towards facilitating international travel. Today, on 15 August 2023, we are thrilled to announce that Vietnam has officially begun granting 90-day e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories, as per the government’s resolution number 127/NQ-CP signed just yesterday.
The Convenience of E-Visas
With the introduction of the 90-day e-visa, Vietnam aims to simplify the travel process for international tourists. Gone are the days of lengthy paperwork and time-consuming visa applications. Travelers can now conveniently apply for and obtain their e-visas online, saving both time and effort.
Vietnam’s commitment to accessibility is evident in the extensive list of entry points for e-visa holders. There are 13 airports, 16 land border gates, and 13 sea border gates that allow smooth entry and exit for visitors with a valid Vietnam e-visa. Whether you are arriving by air, land, or sea, Vietnam welcomes you with open arms.
Travelers planning to visit Vietnam by air can choose from 13 airports across the country that accept e-visa holders. From the bustling Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi to the vibrant Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City, these airports offer convenient access to various regions of Vietnam.
Please see below the list of 13 airports in Vietnam that accept e-visa holders to enter and exit:
- Noi Bai International Airport (HAN) – in Hanoi city
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (SGN) – in Ho Chi Minh city
- Cam Ranh International Airport (CXR) – in Khanh Hoa province
- Da Nang International Airport (DAD) – in Da Nang city
- Cat Bi International Airport (HPH) – in Hai Phong city
- Can Tho International Airport (VCA) – in Can Tho city
- Phu Quoc International Airport (PQC) – in Phu Quoc Island
- Phu Bai International Airport (HUI) – in Thu Thien Hue province
- Van Don International Airport (VDO) – in Quang Ninh province
- Tho Xuan International Airport (THD) – in Thanh Hoa province
- Dong Hoi International Airport (VDH) – in Quang Binh province
- Phu Cat International Airport (UIH) – in Binh Dinh province
- Lien Khuong International Airport (DLI) – in Lam Dong province
Land Border Gates
For those exploring Vietnam by land, there are 16 border gates that facilitate entry and exit for e-visa holders. From the northern border gate of Mong Cai to the southern border gate of Ha Tien, these entry points allow travelers to seamlessly cross into Vietnam from neighboring countries. Please see below the list of 16 land border gates in Vietnam that accept e-visa holders to enter and exit:
- Tay Trang land border gates (Dien Bien Province)
- Mong Cai land border gates (Quang Ninh Province)
- Huu Nghi land border gates (Lang Son Province)
- Lao Cai land border gates (Lao Cai Province)
- Na Meo land border gates(Thanh Hoa Province)
- Nam Can land border gates(Nghe An Province)
- Cau Treo land border gates (Ha Tinh Province)
- Cha Lo land border gates (Quang Binh Province)
- La Lay land border gates (Quang Tri Province)
- Lao Bao land border gates (Quang TriProvince)
- Bo Y land border gates (Kon Tum Province)
- Moc Bai land border gates (Tay Ninh Province)
- Xa Mat land border gates (Tay Ninh Province)
- Tinh Bien land border gates (An Giang Province)
- Vinh Xuong land border gates (An Giang Province)
- Ha Tien land border gates (Kien Giang Province)
Sea Border Gates
Vietnam’s picturesque coastline is not only a sight to behold but also an accessible entry point for e-visa holders. With 13 sea border gates, including Da Nang Port and Nha Trang Port, travelers can embark on memorable journeys to Vietnam by sea.
Please see below the list of 13 sea border gates in Vietnam that accept e-visa holders to enter and exit:
- Hon Gai Seaport (Quang Ninh Province)
- Cam Pha Seaport (Quang Ninh Province)
- Hai Phong Seaport (Hai Phong City)
- Nghi Son Seaport (Thanh Hoa Province)
- Vung Ang Seaport (Ha Tinh Province)
- Chan May Seaport (Thua Thien Hue Province)
- Da Nang Seaport (Da Nang City)
- Nha Trang Seaport (Khanh Hoa Province)
- Quy Nhon Seaport (Binh Dinh Province)
- Dung Quat Seaport (Quang Ngai Province)
- Vung Tau Seaport (Ba Ria – Vung Tau Province)
- HCMC Seaport (Ho Chi Minh City)
- Duong Dong Seaport (Kien Giang Province)
Embrace the Wonders of Vietnam
Now that Vietnam has opened its doors and extended the duration of e-visas to 90 days, international tourists have even more time to explore the wonders of this beautiful country. Immerse yourself in the captivating blend of ancient traditions and modern attractions, from the charming streets of Hoi An to the majestic landscapes of Halong Bay.
Vietnam’s decision to grant 90-day e-visas to citizens of all countries and territories reflects its commitment to fostering a welcoming and accessible environment for international visitors. With 13 airports, 16 land border gates, and 13 sea border gates at your disposal, embarking on your Vietnamese adventure has never been easier. Pack your bags and get ready to experience the magic of Vietnam – a country that promises to leave a lasting impression on your heart and soul.