A mystical land of beauty brimmed with cultural diversity, megacities, and hill villages; Vietnam is an exotic and compelling tourist destination in the world. Vietnam is situated at the easternmost corner of Indochina Peninsula, and yearly the country is thronged with tourists from across the globe. Indians are among those people who visit Vietnam for more than sightseeing purposes.
Do You Need A Visa For Vietnam?
Visa is a vital aspect to travel across other countries. Every country has different rules regarding visa processing and approval. While some government insists visitors to acquire a visa before the arrival, others issue the visa upon the arrival. Vietnam visa processing is a combination of both these approaches. Visitors would have to apply an online application for acquiring the visa approval letter and then bring along the letter in order to get the visa stamp upon the arrival at Vietnam airport.
When it comes to traveling to the peninsular country, it is important to think about Vietnam visa for Indians in order to reach and return safely and legally. Due to the prolonged process of acquiring a visa, Indians often consider dropping their plan in order to avoid frustration. If you are also about to drop your plan due to the elongated procedures of acquiring Vietnam visa for Indians, then stop awhile and take a look at the below tips to make things hassle-free.
Apply For Vietnam Visa Online
Step1: Fill in Form
Online application is the most streamlined and time-efficient approach to apply for Vietnam visa. Fill in an online visa application form at the Vietnam government website. Application is a necessary step to receive an approval letter. Enter all the necessary details, including your name, passport number, nationality, gender, date of birth, and arrival date.
Step 2: Make The Payment
Click on confirm once you have filled the form. The website will take you to the payment gateway. When it comes to Vietnam visa for Indians, the feeds are quite reasonable compared to other countries. You will have to pay an online fee of USD 6 (depends on the type of visa & I choose 1 month single entry tourist visa) to get an approval letter.
There is other fee that need to pay regarding the visa. The stamp fee that will be paid upon the arrival is USD 25 for a single entry. This stamp fee will be paid either in US dollars or Vietnam dong. It is advised to be prepared with cash before you depart in order to avoid any hassle at Vietnam airport.
Step 3: Visa Processing
Once your application and payment have been received by the Vietnam government, your visa processing will be started. The approval letter will be sent to your email within two business days. Take a print out of the approval letter in color and keep it along with your passport. You would also require to bring two passport size photos (4cm x 6cm).
Step 4: Visa Stamping
After receiving the visa, it is important to get visa stamp upon the arrival at Vietnam airport. There are some Vietnam airports where you have to complete entry/exit form in order to complete the procedure. Such as Hanoi, Da Nang, Ho Chi Minh City, or Nha Trang airport. You would have to provide your approval letter, passports, photos, fees for the stamping process.
Things To Remember While Applying For Vietnam Visa?
There are some key points that you need to consider while applying Vietnam visa for Indians.
- Apply for Vietnam visa at least two-three weeks before flying to the country in order to avoid any troubles and dodge urgent fees.
- Fill the application form from the Vietnam visa service website or apply offline by visiting Vietnam Embassy in your country and get it stamped directly.
- Make sure your passport is valid for six months with ample pages left for stamping purposes.
- The visa regulations keep changing with time. Hence, it is important to check the rules and regulation prior to filling the form in order to avoid the last-minute hustle.
- Visa extensions are completed within one week of processing the visa. Don’t forget that you would need a new one after three extensions.
- Vietnam tourist visa is valid for 30 days to stay, allowing you o arrive and depart from selected Vietnam airports including Ho Chi Minh City, and Da Nang.
- If you are planning to stay in Vietnam for more than a month, then selecting a three-month multiple entry visa is a beneficial move.
Apart from a tourist destination, Vietnam also offers some great job opportunities for Indians. While the visa is an important criterion to fly to other countries, the prolonged process often restricts Indian citizens to get one. Vietnam visa cheap for Indians has just been made easier with the above-mentioned tips. Make sure you adhere to each step when you apply for Vietnam visa.