When the Covid-19 pandemic started last year, Vietnam is among the first countries to close its borders. But in order to revive its economy, the Vietnamese authorities have decided to reopen its borders, allowing the entry of businessmen and other foreigners on an essential visit. So if you’re a businessman from Hong Kong and you wish to enter Vietnam for an important reason, you can now start applying for a business visa to Vietnam. The process of applying for the visa is somewhat different now and you will be required to submit other requirements, such as a negative Covid-19 test and a hotel booking for your 14 days of quarantine. Above all, you need to have a sponsor company that will apply for the visa on your behalf.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Hong Kong Citizens
Hong Kong businessmen who needed to visit Vietnam these days should have a business visa, which their sponsor company will apply on their behalf. Here’s how.
- First, the sponsor company should write a letter addressed to the Local People’s Committee of the city where you will enter. For example, if you are arriving in Ho Chi Minh, then the letter should be sent to the Local People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh. The letter should indicate why they are inviting you to Vietnam and other details of your trip.
- If your visit is approved, the Local People’s Committee will issue the travel permit. This is an important document needed for your business visa to be processed. The travel permit should be submitted to the Vietnam Immigration Department when applying for your business visa.
- When Vietnam Immigration approves your visa, they will send it to your sponsor company. Then your sponsor company will send the visa to you. At this point, you can start planning your Vietnam trip and book your flight ticket.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
Take note that during this Covid-19 season, only eligible visitors can enter the country. Therefore, Hong Kong citizens who plan on entering Vietnam must have a very compelling reason to do so. Aside from that, you are obliged to submit several requirements and follow the restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Before Entry Into Vietnam
- Before entering Vietnam, you should have a confirmed hotel booking for your 14 days of quarantine. But you cannot just book any hotel. There are only a few hotels that the Vietnam Government has designated as quarantine facilities for arriving foreigners. You need to book these hotels only and your booking should be good for 14 days. Aside from booking the hotel, you need to also pre-book the vehicle that will pick you from the airport and drive you all the way to the hotel.
- A negative result of the Covid-19 test is also required for all foreign visitors before they can be allowed to enter Vietnam. The test should be done at least 3 to 5 business days before you enter Vietnam and must be conducted at a WHO-certified laboratory in Hong Kong.
- You must also show proof that you have insurance that can cover the cost of treatment in case you get sick of Covid-19 while in Vietnam.
Upon Entry Vietnam
When you arrive at the airport of Vietnam, you must go through medical checks to determine if you have any symptoms of Covid-19. If the health authorities have noticed that you have a fever, cough, and other symptoms, you will be isolated immediately. Then they will check if you are positive for the virus. If you are, you’ll be brought to a medical facility. But if it’s negative, you can proceed with your quarantine.
At the Quarantine Facility in Vietnam
When isolating at the hotel, you are not required to get into contact with anyone for the entire 14 days. You can communicate with the hotel reception through chat or calls only. If you start to develop symptoms, you should immediately inform them about it.
On your sixth day of being isolated, you will be tested for Covid-19. If the result shows positive, you’ll be taken to a medical facility for treatment. But if not, you can continue the quarantine until you finish it in 14 days.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
Hong Kong citizens who wish to travel to Vietnam this Covid-19 season but do not have a sponsor company that can help with their visa should consider getting assistance from a local agency in Vietnam. The agency can help in requesting your travel permit so you will be granted a visa by the Vietnam Immigration Department. They can also assist in booking your hotel for quarantine, including the vehicle for airport pick-up. But take note that you can only enter Vietnam if your visit is essential. As of now, tourists are not yet allowed to enter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.