First of all, it is worth noting that French Nationals with a valid French passport can be exempted from needing a visa to get into Vietnam if they intend to stay in the country for 15 days or less. This means you do not have to worry about the Vietnam visa price for France.
The visa exemption is an immigration regulation issued on the 19th of June 2017 running up to the 30th June 2019.
According to this regulation, a French national either living in France or abroad but in possession of a passport valid for 6 months or more from the date of entry is illegible to visa exemption for 15 days. On expiry of the 15 days, you would need to wait 1 month before you can get another exemption.
For French nationals who intend to stay for longer than 15 days, a visa is required and you can get this on arrival at the airport.
The application process, however, begins before you arrive in Vietnam. Application forms are available online at www.vietnamvisa.govt.vn.
A French national will be required to submit the visa application form online and then wait for an approval letter.
There is also a Vietnam visa fee for France that you will need to pay online.
After correctly filling the form and making the payment, you may need to wait anywhere between 1 hour and 3 working days to receive the approval letter. The period you wait depends on the visa processing status you have chosen.
Your approval letter will be sent to your email and you will need to print it. If you do not see the email in your inbox, check the junk folder as well.
Arrival at the Airport
On arrival at the airport, you will present your passport and approval letter at the immigration counter and it will be stamped. Please note that the approval letter is also forwarded to all the immigration points once it has been sent to you.
You will also need to take passport size photographs of dimension 4cm by 6cm, these you will present along with your approval letter on arrival at the immigration point.
There is also an additional stamping fee that will need to be paid on arrival. The Vietnam visa cost for French citizens is one of the cheapest in Asia.
Points to Keep in Mind
- When filling the application form, your name needs to be written the same way that it appears in the passport. The order may not matter, but it should be spelled the way it appears on the passport
- You should have at least 1 blank page in your passport where the Visa can be stamped
- The order for writing the date in the form is Day, Month, Year (dd/mm/yyyy)
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least 6 months or longer than the period of time you intend to stay in Vietnam
- We offer 100% money back guaranteed if you are not satisfied with our service
- We offer 100% money back guaranteed if the visa application is declined by the Vietnam government.
You must log in to post a comment.