Embarking on a journey tailored for “Indian Travelers in Hanoi Tourism”. We present to you the top 7 must-visit destinations that offer a perfect blend of culture, history, and leisure experiences. This vibrant capital city of Vietnam is brimming with attractions that cater to the diverse interests and preferences of Indian travelers. In this article, we will explore the top 10 destinations in Hanoi that are perfect for Indian tourists. As well as cover the important aspects of obtaining a Vietnam E-visa for Indian citizens. So, buckle up and get ready to embark on an unforgettable journey!
The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long (Must-visit historical spot for Indian travelers in Hanoi Tourism)
The Imperial Citadel of Thang Long is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most important historical and cultural landmarks in Hanoi. This 40-meter-high citadel served as the political center of Vietnam for over eight centuries and is a testament to the rich history of the country. The architectural marvels and the well-preserved structures make it a must-visit destination for Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism.
– Exploring the Citadel
- Wander through the ancient ruins and appreciate the intricate details of the architecture.
- Visit the Hanoi Flag Tower, a symbol of the city’s resilience and strength.
- Explore the various archaeological sites and learn about the fascinating history of the citadel.
Location: Quan Thanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Timings: 8 AM – 7:30 PM
Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple
Hoan Kiem Lake, also known as Turtle Lake. This is a central feature of Hanoi and a popular gathering spot for locals and tourists alike. The serene lake is surrounded by lush greenery. Making it a perfect place for relaxation and photography.
Assured, this destination is famous and you have to visit Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism.
– Discovering Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple
- Take a stroll around the lake and soak in the tranquil atmosphere.
- Cross the picturesque bridge to reach the Ngoc Son Temple, an ancient shrine located on a small island in the middle of the lake.
- Witness the beauty of the lake during sunrise or sunset when locals gather to practice Tai Chi and line dancing.
Location: Hanoi Old Quarter
Ngoc Son entry fee: INR 60 per person (VND 20,000)
Hanoi Old Quarter (attractive destinations for Indian travelers in Hanoi Tourism)
The Hanoi Old Quarter is a bustling area in the city that showcases the perfect blend of colonial architecture and traditional Vietnamese culture. With its narrow streets lined with shops, eateries, and markets. The Old Quarter is an ideal destination for Indian tourists in Hanoi tourism to experience the local vibe and indulge in delicious street food.
– Experiencing the Hanoi Old Quarter
- Stroll through the maze-like streets and admire the well-preserved colonial architecture.
- Sample some of the best Vietnamese street food, including Pho, Banh Mi, and Bun Cha.
- Shop for souvenirs, handicrafts, and local products at the numerous markets and street-side stalls.
Location: Hanoi Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem District
Temple of Literature (Historical milestone for Indian Travelers in Hanoi Tourism)
Dedicated to the Chinese sage and scholar Confucius, the Temple of Literature is a tranquil oasis in the heart of Hanoi. Originally built as a center of learning, this temple complex features ornate pavilions, shrines, and a beautiful garden. Making it an ideal destination for Indian tourists seeking solace and serenity.
– Visiting the Temple of Literature
- Explore the various pavilions and learn about the history of the temple and its significance in Vietnamese culture.
- Take a leisurely walk through the garden and admire the lush greenery and peaceful atmosphere.
- Attend a traditional Vietnamese music performance held at the temple on special occasions.
Timings: 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (Tuesday – Sunday)
Location: 58 Quoc Tu Giam, Van Mieu, Dong Da
Entry fee: INR 30/- per person (VND 10,000)
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum (The famous place in Vietnam)
The Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum is a somber yet significant landmark in Hanoi that commemorates the life and contributions of Vietnam’s greatest leader, Ho Chi Minh. Housing the preserved body of “Uncle Ho,” the mausoleum is an important part of Vietnam’s living history and a must-visit destination for Indian tourists in Hanoi tourism
– Exploring the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum
- Pay your respects to the late leader and learn about his crucial role in Vietnam’s struggle for independence.
- Visit the nearby Presidential Palace and Ho Chi Minh’s stilt house, where he lived and worked during his time in power.
- Stroll through the beautiful gardens that surround the mausoleum and enjoy the peaceful ambiance.
Location: 8 Hung Vuong, Dien Bien, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Timings: Tuesday – Thursday 07:30 – 10:30, Saturday & Sunday 07:30 – 11:00
Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre
A unique and entertaining experience, the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre showcases the ancient Vietnamese art form of water puppetry. With its colorful and intricately crafted puppets, the theater is a favorite among Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism looking to experience a true slice of Vietnamese culture.
- Enjoying the Thang Long Water Puppet Theatre
- Witness the captivating performances of the talented puppeteers as they bring the puppets to life on a water-filled stage.
- Learn about the history and significance of water puppetry in Vietnamese culture.
- Catch the famous “Legend of the Restored Sword of King Le” show. A popular performance that tells the story of Hanoi’s namesake lake, Hoan Kiem.
Location: 57B, Dinh Tien Hoang Street, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Timings: Daily shows at 3 PM, 4:10 PM, 5:20 PM, 6:30 PM, & 8 PM
Average ticket cost: INR 300/- per person (VND 100,000)
Hanoi Opera House (Great destination for Indian travelers in Hanoi Tourism)
The Hanoi Opera House is an architectural masterpiece that reflects the city’s French colonial past. With its ivory-toned columns, ornate balustrades, and Gothic domes, the opera house is a must-visit destination for Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism seeking a taste of Hanoi’s elegant charm.
– Experiencing the Hanoi Opera House
- Admire the stunning architecture and opulent interiors of the opera house. Attend a classical ballet performance, Vietnamese opera, or music concert by world-renowned artists.
- Take a guided tour of the opera house to learn about its history and significance in Hanoi’s cultural landscape.
Location: 1 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Entry fee: Approx. INR 3,500 per person
What’s the most important thing for Indians to Travel to Hanoi’s Capital?
Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism need to obtain a Vietnam E-visa before embarking on their journey. The E-visa process is simple and can be completed online. Here’s what you need to know:
- Indian citizens are eligible to apply for a Vietnam E-visa, which allows a single entry and a maximum stay of 30 days.
- The E-visa application can be submitted online through the official Vietnam E-visa website.
- Applicants must provide a scanned copy of their passport, a recent passport-sized photograph, and a valid email address.
- The E-visa processing time is typically 3 working days, and the approved visa will be sent to the applicant’s email address.
- Once received, the E-visa must be printed and presented upon arrival in Vietnam, along with the applicant’s passport.
Moreover, don’t worry about that because you can take a Vietnam visa easily with our Vietnam e-visa for Indian tourists. One-click on this link: https://www.vietnam-visa.in/apply-vietnam-visa. We will help you with the best way to get it!
By visiting these top 7 destinations in Hanoi and obtaining the necessary Vietnam E-visa. Indian travelers in Hanoi tourism are sure to have an unforgettable adventure in this enchanting city. So, pack your bags and get ready to explore the fascinating history, culture, and natural beauty of Hanoi, Vietnam!