Vietnam’s borders have now been opened, but only visitors who have essential reasons to visit will be allowed to enter. For Austrian citizens who need to go to Vietnam for business, they can now apply for a business visa. The visa is a very important requirement for Austrian businessmen to enter Vietnam during this time of the Covid-19 pandemic. Aside from businessmen, the other visitors that can enter Vietnam these days are essential workers, business managers, skilled workers working on important projects in Vietnam, investors, and other visitors with important reasons to enter the country. Here’s everything you need to know when it comes to applying for a business visa to Vietnam.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Austrian Citizens in the Covid-19 Pandemic
A Vietnam-based sponsor company is needed before you can apply for a business visa to Vietnam. It is the company that will apply for the visa on your behalf. Here’s how.
- The first thing that the sponsor company will do is to seek permission from the Local People’s Committee to let you enter the country. They should write them a letter explaining why you should go to Vietnam during this time. If the Local People’s Committee will approve your visit, they will issue a travel permit.
- Upon receiving the travel permit, the sponsor company can now go to the Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for your business visa. Aside from the travel permit, your sponsor company should submit some other important documents needed for the visa application.
- After about a week or two, the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue your business visa. Now that you have a visa, you can book your flight to Vietnam.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
To ensure that the country remains safe from the rapid spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus, the Vietnamese government has implemented several strict measures for all arriving visitors. These include submitting a Covid-19 negative result and undergoing quarantine upon arrival.
👉 Before Entry
- Since all foreign visitors will be asked to undergo quarantine upon arrival to Vietnam, one of the most important requirements that you need to have is the confirmed hotel booking for your 14-day quarantine. So before you fly to Vietnam, you need to look for a hotel where you can stay for isolation. You can choose from any of the hotels that the government has designated as quarantine facilities for all arriving foreigners.
- All visitors must present a negative result of the Covid-19 test before flying. You should get tested about 3 to 5 days before your flight. The test must be taken at a certified testing laboratory in Austria. Your test certificate should clearly indicate that you are negative of the Covid-19 virus.
- All foreign visitors entering Vietnam must have travel insurance that can cover the cost of treatment in case you get sick with the Covid-19 virus during your stay in the country. For those who cannot provide travel insurance, their sponsor company should be willing to shoulder the cost of their treatment.
👉 Upon Entry
When you arrive at the airport of Vietnam, you must be willing to submit to medical checks to determine if you have any symptoms of the Covid-19 disease. The local health authorities will be at the airport to conduct the checks. Anyone who is having fever, cough, and other symptoms will be isolated. The said visitor will also be tested. If it shows positive, he or she will be taken to a medical facility to be treated. For the other travelers who have no symptoms, they can proceed to their waiting vehicle so they can travel to their designated quarantine facility to begin isolation.
👉 At the Quarantine Facility
While undergoing quarantine, all foreign visitors must adhere to the health and safety measures that the government has imposed for epidemic prevention. They should not get into contact with anyone in the community for the entire 14 days of their isolation. The moment they start to develop symptoms, they should call the health authorities immediately so they can be treated.
During their sixth day in isolation, they will be tested for Covid-19. If the result is positive, they will be taken to a government facility for monitoring and treatment. But if it’s negative, they can continue their quarantine and get tested again on their last day.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
Consult with a local agency in Vietnam for assistance if you find it very difficult to process your business visa to Vietnam. The agency can also help you if you don’t have a sponsor company. They may be able to ask for a travel permit from the Local People’s Committee so that the Vietnam Immigration Department will approve your visa application. The agency can also help with the processing of your visa and all the other requirements needed for travel, such as booking the quarantine facility.
You must be logged in to post a comment.