If you are an Indonesian citizen and you needed to go to Vietnam this time, you can only do so if your reason to visit is absolutely essential. Examples are business managers, entrepreneurs, investors, and skilled workers. But before you can enter Vietnam, you are required to have a visa. Right now, the Vietnam Immigration Department is accepting applications for a business visa but this must be done through a sponsor company. The sponsor company must also seek permission from the Local People’s Committee to allow you to visit the country. Here’s everything you need to know when applying for a business visa to Vietnam as an Indonesian Citizen.
Changes to Vietnam Visas Due to Covid-19
Before the Covid-19 pandemic, Indonesian citizens can enter Vietnam with no need for a visa. They are qualified to stay in the country for a maximum of 30 days visa-free. But because the Vietnamese government is trying to minimize the entry of foreigners to control the spread of Covid-19, the visa-free privilege has been temporarily discontinued. This means that the only way for Indonesian citizens to visit Vietnam is to apply for a business visa. But before anyone can apply for a business visa, they need to get in touch with a Vietnam-based sponsor company.
Who Can Enter Vietnam During the Covid-19 Pandemic?
When the Vietnamese authorities decided to open their borders last November 2020, they have only allowed those who have very compelling reasons to visit the country. Aside from returning Vietnamese citizens and residents, they have also allowed the entry of the following visitors:
- Foreign investors and businessman
- Skilled workers
- Experts of businesses working on important projects in Vietnam
- Special caseworkers
- Foreign visitors on official duty
Vietnam Business Visa Requirements for Indonesian Citizens in the Covid-19 Period
Indonesian citizens applying for a Vietnam business visa should prepare the following:
- Vietnam-based sponsor company – this is the company that will be inviting you into the country.
- Letter to the Local People’s Committee – this letter must be written by the sponsor company and should include specific details about your job or business transaction in Vietnam.
- Confirmed hotel booking for the 14-day quarantine.
- Pre-booked vehicle for the airport pickup.
Process of Applying for a Vietnam Business Visa this Covid-19 Pandemic
Below are the steps on how to apply for a Vietnam business visa.
- First of all, your sponsor company should write a letter to the Local People’s Committee of the city that you intend to visit. The letter should indicate the reason for your visit and all other important details about your trip.
- Once your visit is approved, the Local People’s Committee will issue the travel permit. This permit is needed for the applications for your business visa.
- The next step is for your sponsor company to go to the Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for your business visa.
- Once your visa is issued, you can start planning your trip and book your flight.
Traveling during this time of the pandemic can get very complicated. Aside from making sure that your visit is eligible, you need to have a sponsor company that will apply for the visa on your behalf. If you need further assistance, you can get in touch with a local agency in Vietnam.
Aside from the business visa, all foreign visitors are required to show proof of insurance. The insurance must be able to cover the cost of treatment if you will get sick with Covid-19 while in Vietnam. If you can’t show proof of insurance, you or your sponsor company should be willing to shoulder the cost of your treatment.
Covid-19 Test and Quarantine Requirements for Indonesian Citizens
Two of the most important requirements for your trip to Vietnam are the negative result of the Covid-19 test and hotel booking for the 14-day quarantine. Before you fly to Vietnam, you should get yourself tested for the Covid-19 virus. The test should be done at least 3 to 5 days before your flight. It should be performed at a WHO-certified lab in Indonesia and the certificate should clearly indicate that you are negative of the Covid-19 virus. Remember that without this certificate, you won’t be allowed to board your flight to Vietnam.
Another important requirement that all foreign visitors to Vietnam should have is the confirmed hotel booking for the quarantine facility. All travelers arriving from outside the country will be required to quarantine for 14 days. Foreign visitors can quarantine at the hotels that the government has designated as quarantine facilities. They must pay for the cost of quarantine, although their sponsor company can also shoulder the cost for them.
A pre-booked vehicle for airport pickup is also required since foreign visitors cannot take public transportation from the airport. In most cases, it is the hotel that will provide the vehicle but it is best to ask in advance to be sure.
You must be logged in to post a comment.