Spanish citizens who needed to travel to Vietnam for work or business can now do so since the country is now accepting travellers who wish to visit the country for essential purposes. But before they can enter, there are several requirements that one must fulfil. For those who are visiting for business, a business visa is required. The Vietnam Immigration Department is now accepting visa applications but the application must be done by a Vietnam-based sponsor company.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Spanish Citizens during the Covid-19 Period
The first step to applying for a business visa is to have a sponsor company. If a Vietnam-based company is inviting you to visit Vietnam, then that company will be your sponsor company. Here’s how to apply for a business visa.
- First of all, your sponsor company must write a letter to the Local People’s Committee of the Vietnamese city where you will be visiting. This letter should explain the reason why you are visiting Vietnam and some other important details about your trip.
- Next, the Local People’s Committee will decide whether to approve your visit or not. If they will approve your visit, they will issue an entry permit.
- Upon receiving the entry permit, the sponsor company should now go to the Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for the business visa. The entry permit is an important requirement for the business visa application. Without it, they will not issue a business visa.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
Since the threat of the Covid-19 virus is still here, the Vietnamese authorities would not want to take any chances. Therefore, in order to make sure that all foreigners do not carry the virus, they have imposed several requirements before entry and upon arrival in the country.
👉 Before Entry
- Remember that all foreigners who will be entering Vietnam these days will be quarantined upon entry. Therefore, before you fly, you need to book a hotel where you will stay for your 14-day quarantine. The Local People’s Committee of the city that you wish to visit will provide a list of hotels that can be used as quarantine facilities. You can choose from any of these hotels and make sure you book for the entire 14 days.
- All foreign visitors will also be required to show proof of a negative Covid-19 certificate taken through the PCR test. It should clearly indicate that the visitor does not have the virus and must be taken by a WHO-certified lab in Spain. The test should be taken at least 3 to 5 days before the date of the flight.
- All foreign visitors will also be required to show proof of insurance that can cover the cost of Covid-19 treatment just in case the visitor will get sick of the Covid-19 while in Vietnam. If there’s no proof of insurance, the sponsor company should agree to cover the cost of treatment if the visitor will get sick while in Vietnam.
👉 Upon Entry
Upon entry to Vietnam, all travellers will be subjected to medical checks to see if they have any symptom of the Covid-19 disease. Those who have fever, cough, and other symptoms will be isolated and tested. If the result shows that they are positive for the virus, they will be taken to the medical facility for treatment. But if the result is negative, they can proceed to the vehicle that will take them to the hotel for their quarantine.
👉 At the Quarantine Facility
While undergoing quarantine, all foreign visitors must strictly follow the health and safety measures that the local health authorities of Vietnam have imposed to prevent the spread of the virus. They should not be in contact with other persons outside of their hotel rooms. If they start to develop symptoms, they should notify the local health authorities as soon as possible.
While in isolation, the visitor will be tested twice for Covid-19. The first test will be done on the sixth day and another test will be on the last day of isolation. Both test results should show negative before the visitor can end isolation and explore Vietnam on their own.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
It can get complicated to travel to Vietnam these days. As you can see above, there are so many requirements that you need to accomplish. It’s not like before where all you need is a visa and a plane ticket. Nowadays, you need to have a sponsor company that will apply for a travel permit on your behalf. If you need help, you can consult with a local agency in Vietnam. The agency can request the travel permit if you don’t have a sponsor company and will arrange for your quarantine facilities. Just make sure that your visit to Vietnam is necessary so that the Local People’s Committee will allow your entry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.