Vietnam’s travel entry requirements during this Covid-19 pandemic have greatly changed, often leading to confusion as to who is able to visit the country at the moment. As it stands, Vietnam is open to travellers from all countries, but will only allow the entry of those who are traveling for essential reasons. Italian citizens who need to go to Vietnam for some important business transactions can now apply for a business visa. The Vietnam Immigration Department has now resumed the processing of Vietnam visas, including business visa.
Changes to Vietnam Visas Due to Covid-19
Italian citizens are supposedly eligible for visa-free entry to Vietnam, allowing them to stay in the country for a maximum of 15 days. However, this rule does not apply at the moment. In order to control the entry of foreign visitors and prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus, the Vietnamese government has temporarily discontinued the visa exemption program. Therefore, the only way for Italian citizens to come to Vietnam these days is to apply for a visa. However, when it comes to applying for a business visa to Vietnam, a sponsor company is required. The company will be responsible for processing the visa on your behalf.
Who Can Enter Vietnam During the Covid-19 Pandemic?
Not everyone can enter Vietnam these days. If you are going to Vietnam for tourism purposes, you will be denied entry. For now, the only visitors that can enter are those who have very compelling reasons to visit the country. Below are the type of foreign visitors that the Vietnam government will allow entry into the country at the moment:
- Businessmen and investors
- Skilled workers and experts working on important projects
- Diplomats with their families
- Vietnamese residents returning home
- Foreigners on official duty and special caseworkers
Vietnam Business Visa Requirements for Italian Citizens in the Covid-19 pandemic
To apply for a visa to Vietnam, you need to prepare the following:
- Letter from the sponsor company addressed to the Local People’s Committee. The letter should state the reason for the visit.
- Travel permit that will be issued by the Local People’s Committee
- Confirmed hotel booking for the 14-day quarantine.
- Pre-booked vehicle for airport pick-up.
- Travel insurance with Covid-19 coverage. If there’s no insurance, the sponsor company must submit a written agreement stating that they agree to cover the cost of medical treatment if the traveler gets sick.
Process of Applying for a Vietnam Business Visa this Covid-19 Pandemic
Below are the steps on how to apply for a Vietnam business visa.
- The sponsor company should write a letter to the Local People’s Committee. If you are going to Hanoi, then the letter should be sent to the Local People’s Committee of Hanoi. The letter must explain why you need to go to Vietnam and some important details about your trip.
- When they agree to your visit, they will issue a travel permit. The Local People’s Committee will also inform the local health authorities about your visit so they can facilitate your quarantine.
- Once your sponsor company receives the travel permit, they can start applying for your Vietnam business visa. To apply for the visa, they should go to the Vietnam Immigration Department and submit the requirements, including the travel permit.
- After about a week, the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue the business visa.
- When you receive a copy of your visa, you can start booking your flight to Vietnam.
Covid-19 Test and Quarantine Requirements
To ensure that all foreign visitors are not carrying the dreaded Covid-19 virus, the Vietnamese authorities have required all travelers to present a negative result of the Covid-19 test before boarding their flight to Vietnam. The test should be taken by a WHO-certified facility in Italy and the date of the test should be 3 to 5 days before the trip to Vietnam. It should clearly indicate that the foreign visitor is negative of the Covid-19 virus. Without this certificate, the airline has the right to refuse your boarding.
Aside from submitting the negative Covid-19 test result, all foreign visitors will be asked to undergo a 14-day quarantine upon their arrival in Vietnam. There are designated hotels in Vietnam that the government have authorized to be used as quarantine facilities. The visitor can choose from any of these hotels for their quarantine stay in Vietnam. They should book the hotel for the entire 14 days of their quarantine period. The confirmed booking must be presented upon boarding the flight.
Aside from the hotel booking, all foreign visitors must also book a vehicle for airport pickup since they will not be allowed to take a taxi or any kind of public transportation at the airport. Usually, it is the hotel that will provide the vehicle but it is best to confirm this to be sure.
You must be logged in to post a comment.