Germans can now visit Vietnam, but only if their visit to the country is considered “essential”. Like most countries around the world these days, Vietnam is limiting the entry of foreign visitors to fight the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus.
Among the eligible visitors that can enter Vietnam these days are entrepreneurs and investors who have very compelling reasons to visit the country. Foreign workers who need to work on important projects will also be allowed to enter. But before any foreigner can enter Vietnam, a visa is required. For German citizens who are going to Vietnam for work or business, a business visa is needed.
Changes to Vietnam Visas Due to Covid-19
German nationals are among those foreigners that are eligible to enter Vietnam with no need for a visa, for as long as their stay is less than 15 days. However, this privilege has been temporarily suspended due to the Covid-19 situation. So the only way that German citizens can enter is to apply for a business visa.
But applying for a business visa to Vietnam would require having a sponsor company. It is the sponsor company that will be responsible for applying for the visa through the Vietnam Immigration Department. The sponsor company can refer to the company that will invite you into the country or the company you will be working for if you are a foreign worker.
Who Can Enter Vietnam During the Covid-19 Pandemic?
As mentioned above, Vietnam is limiting the entry of foreigners at the moment to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Leisure travel to the country is still not permitted, which means tourists are still not allowed to enter. For now, the only foreign visitors that the Vietnamese authorities will allow are:
- Foreign investors and entrepreneurs
- Foreign diplomats with their respective families
- Skilled workers that are working for projects deemed necessary by the Vietnamese government
- Vietnamese citizens and residents
- Visitors on official duty
Vietnam Business Visa Requirements for German Citizens
To apply for the Vietnam business visa, the following requirements must be submitted:
- Vietnam-based sponsor company
- Travel permit from the Local People’s Committee of the Vietnamese city that you will visit.
- Details of your job and purpose of visit.
- A confirmed hotel booking for the 14 day quarantine period including a pre-booked vehicle for airport pickup.
Process of Applying for a Vietnam Business Visa this Covid-19 Pandemic
Although it is the sponsor company that will be responsible for applying for the Vietnam business visa, it would help if you know the process involved. So here are the steps.
- First of all, your sponsor company should send a letter to the Local People’s Committee to inform them about your visit. The letter should talk about the reason why you need to visit Vietnam.
- If your visit is approved, they will grant a travel permit. The Local People’s Committee will also coordinate with the local health authorities for the approval of your quarantine facility.
- Once you have the travel permit, your sponsor company can now apply for the business visa from the Vietnam Immigration Department.
- After about a week, the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue the business visa and you can now start booking your flight to Vietnam.
Aside from the requirements mentioned, you also need to have insurance that comes with Covid-19 coverage. The insurance should cover the cost of your treatment in case you get sick with the Covid-19 while in Vietnam. If you don’t have insurance, the sponsor company should agree to shoulder the cost of your treatment.
Covid-19 Test and Quarantine Requirements
To ensure the safety of both the visitors and its citizens, the Vietnamese authorities have implemented several entry restrictions and requirements for everyone who wanted to enter Vietnam during this time of the pandemic.
First, all foreign visitors should undergo a Covid-19 test at least 3 to 5 days before the trip. The test should be performed by a WHO-certified laboratory in Germany and it should clearly state that the visitor is negative of the Covid-19 virus. This certificate must be shown upon checking in for the flight to Vietnam. Without this certificate, the airline has every right to deny the traveler from boarding the flight to Vietnam.
Secondly, all arrivals will be asked to undergo a 14-day quarantine in Vietnam. The quarantine can be done at any of the hotels that the Vietnamese government has designated as quarantine facilities. These facilities have been checked by local health authorities and are capable of accommodating all foreign visitors. Aside from the hotel, the booking should also include a pre-booked vehicle for airport pickup. That’s because all arrivals will not be allowed to take public transportation at the airport before their quarantine has started. During quarantine, the foreign visitor will be closely monitored by the local health authorities.
You must be logged in to post a comment.