Vietnam has finally opened its borders again after closing for several months to curb the spread of the Covid-19 virus. However, Vietnamese authorities will only allow you to enter if you have an important reason to visit Vietnam. For instance, if you are a businessman from the Cayman Islands, then you are allowed to enter the country, but you must first apply for a business visa. Thankfully, the Vietnam Immigration Department has now resumed the processing of the Vietnam business visa. Thus, foreign businessmen, investors, and skilled workers can now apply for their visas.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Citizens from the Cayman Islands
Remember that the process of applying for a business visa to Vietnam these days is not the same as before. It will be the sponsor company that needs to apply for the visa on your behalf. So if you are working for a Vietnam-based company, then the company should apply for your business visa to Vietnam. Here’s how.
- First, the sponsor company will write a letter to the Local People’s Committee asking for their permission to allow you to travel to Vietnam this Covid-19 pandemic. The letter should indicate the reason why you have to go to Vietnam. And if the Committee will approve your visit, they will issue the travel permit.
- After getting the travel permit, your sponsor company can go to the Vietnam Immigration Department to apply for your business visa. Aside from the travel permit, the sponsor company must submit some other requirements, such as your passport.
- When the Vietnam Immigration Department approves your visit, they will issue the business visa. Your sponsor company should forward the visa to you so you can start planning your flight to Vietnam.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
Just like with traveling to some other countries during this time of the Covid-19 pandemic, there are restrictions and quarantine requirements that all visitors to Vietnam must follow. Before you book your flight, you must be aware of what these requirements are so you can prepare in advance. Here are the requirements to travel to Vietnam these days.
👉 Before Entry
- Since all travelers will be quarantined upon their entry to Vietnam, a hotel booking that’s good for 14 days will be required for all travelers. Various hotels all over the country have been assigned by the Vietnamese government as quarantine facilities so you can choose from any of these hotels depending on which city in Vietnam you will be staying in. You must also make sure that your booking includes airport pick up because you cannot take any form of public transportation before your quarantine period.
- To ensure that all foreign visitors are not carrying any virus, a negative result of a Covid-19 test certificate will be required. The test should be taken by a WHO-certified laboratory in the Cayman Islands and should be performed at least 3 to 5 days before the date of entry to Vietnam.
- The Vietnamese authorities have also required that all visitors have insurance that can cover the cost of their treatment if they get sick with Covid-19. Otherwise, the sponsor company must submit a document that will require them to pay for the cost of treatment.
👉 Upon Entry
All arriving passengers will be evaluated at the airports of Vietnam. This is to check if anyone is showing symptoms of the Covid-19 virus. Those who have fever, cough, and other symptoms will be tested. If they are positive, they will be taken to the hospital for treatment. But if the test result is negative, they can proceed to their hotel and start their 14-day quarantine.
👉 At the Quarantine Facility
While undergoing quarantine, no one should get into contact with any person outside the quarantine facility. And if they get sick with fever, cough, and other symptoms, they should inform the local health authorities.
All visitors on quarantine will have to undergo a Covid-19 test twice. The first is on the sixth day of quarantine. The second test is on the last day of their quarantine. If both tests turn out negative, the visitor can end his or her quarantine.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
If you find the process of applying for a business visa to Vietnam complicated, consider hiring a local agency to assist you with the process. The agency can also help those who do not have any sponsor company. They can send a letter to the Local People’s Committee to approve your visit. That way, the Vietnam Immigration Department will approve your visa.
Aside from helping you with your business visa to Vietnam, the agency can also help to book the hotel for your quarantine facility. If you have any other concerns about visiting Vietnam during this Covid-19 pandemic, the agency will try to address these concerns for you.
You must be logged in to post a comment.