Dutch citizens who wish to visit Vietnam on a business trip can now apply for their business visas. That’s because the Vietnam Immigration Department has now resumed the issuance of business visas to eligible visitors. But take note that Vietnam is still not allowing the entry of foreign tourists. The only travelers that can enter Vietnam these days are those who have “essential reason” to visit, including business managers, entrepreneurs, skilled workers, and investors. But before you can visit, you must first apply for a business visa. Here’s everything you need to know when applying for a Vietnam business visa as a Dutch citizen.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Dutch Citizens
To get a business visa to Vietnam, you need to have a sponsor company that will apply for the visa for you. If a company in Vietnam is inviting you to the country, then that company will be your sponsor company. Here are the steps to apply for the visa.
- First, the sponsor company will write a letter to the Local People’s Committee about your planned visit. The Local People’s Committee will coordinate this with the local health authorities. If they will agree to your visit, a travel permit will be issued.
- Next, the sponsor company will submit the travel permit to the Vietnam Immigration Department in order to apply for your business visa. Aside from the travel permit, there are other requirements that the sponsor company should submit for your business visa to be approved.
- After a week or two, the Vietnam Immigration Department will issue the business visa. Now, you can start planning your trip to Vietnam including booking your flight.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
To ensure the safety of everyone, Vietnam has implemented strict protocols for the entry of foreigners this Covid-19 season. The virus is still spreading rapidly in various countries around the world and Vietnamese authorities do not want to take any chances. So aside from a business visa, Dutch citizens who want to visit Vietnam these days have to prepare several other requirements.
👉 Before Entry
- All travelers entering Vietnam coming from other countries will be quarantined upon entry. Vietnamese citizens will be quarantined at government-designated facilities. But for foreigners including Dutch citizens, they must book a hotel stay for their 14-day isolation. There are various hotels all over the country that the Vietnamese authorities have assigned as quarantine facilities. Foreign visitors can choose from any of these hotels for their isolation. Their hotel booking must also include an airport pick-up because they will not be allowed to take the public transportation going to their hotel.
- Before entry, all visitors must show proof that they are negative of the Covid-19 virus. Therefore, they must get tested in their home countries at least 3 to 5 days before their flight to Vietnam. The test should be conducted by a WHO-certified laboratory in the Netherlands.
- Another important requirement that all travelers to Vietnam must fulfill is proof of insurance. This insurance should be able to cover the cost of Covid-19 treatment. Otherwise, their sponsor company will be asked to agree that they will cover the cost of treatment if they get sick with Covid-19.
👉 Upon Entry
Upon arriving at the Vietnam airport, all visitors will be checked for symptoms. Those who have fever, cough, and other Covid-19 symptoms will be isolated and taken to a medical facility to be tested. If the result is positive, they will remain in the facility for treatment. But if it’s negative, then the visitor should proceed with the quarantine.
👉 At the Quarantine Facility
During isolation, the foreign visitor must never get into contact with anyone outside their hotel room. They should follow the health and safety protocols that the local health authorities have imposed. And the moment they start showing symptoms, they should inform the local health authorities about this.
While isolating, the visitor will undergo Covid-19 twice. The first test will be done on their sixth day of quarantine. Another test will be done on their last day. The only time they will be released from quarantine is when both tests will return negative.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
If you are a Dutch citizen and you wanted to visit Vietnam this Covid-19 season to attend to some important things, but you do not have a sponsor company, you can consult with a local agency for assistance. The agency will help apply for a business visa on your behalf. They can coordinate with the Local People’s Committee to issue a travel permit that will allow you to visit Vietnam. Not only that, the agency can help book your hotel for quarantine. With their help, visiting Vietnam this Covid-19 season will be easier and more convenient.
You must be logged in to post a comment.