These days, entering Vietnam can get complicated, thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic. There are many requirements that you need to fulfill. Also, not all foreigners are allowed to enter yet. Leisure travel is still not permitted, so the only way for Singaporean citizens to enter Vietnam these days is for business or other essential purposes. However, since the Vietnam visa exemption program is suspended, Singaporean visitors must apply for a business visa before they can be allowed entry into the country.
Applying for a Business Visa to Vietnam for Singaporean Citizens
Before you can apply for a business visa to Vietnam, you must have a sponsor company that will apply for the visa on your behalf. The company that will invite you for work or business to Vietnam will be your sponsor company. Here’s the process of applying for a visa:
- Your sponsor company will write a letter to the Local People’s Committee of the city where the company is based. For instance, if you will visit a company that’s based in Ho Chi Minh, then the letter must be addressed to the Local People’s Committee of Ho Chi Minh City. The letter should indicate your purpose of visit and details about your work or business. Once the People’s Committee approves your visit, they will issue an entry permit.
- Now that you have an entry permit, your sponsor company can start applying for your business visa. The entry permit, along with the other requirements must be forwarded to the Vietnam Immigration Department in order for your visa to be processed.
- Once your business visa is approved, your sponsor company will forward this to you and you can now book your flight ticket to Vietnam.
Restrictions and Quarantine When Entering Vietnam During Covid 19
Although Vietnam has now opened its borders to some eligible foreign visitors, the government has imposed various restrictions to ensure that the Covid-19 virus will not spread into the country. So after you have booked your flight, here is some information to keep in mind when visiting Vietnam this Covid 19 season.
- All foreign visitors must book a hotel for their quarantine facility. The quarantine period is 14 days. During the quarantine, the visitor will be closely monitored by the local health authorities. The Vietnamese government has provided a list of hotels that have been designated as quarantine facilities for foreigners. A confirmed booking of these hotels must be shown upon entry. Aside from the hotel booking, all foreign visitors must pre-book a vehicle that will pick them up from the airport since they will not be allowed to use public transportation before their quarantine.
- Aside from undergoing quarantine, Singaporean visitors are required to submit a negative result of the Covid-19 test that’s taken from a WHO-Certified laboratory in Singapore. The test should be conducted at least 3 to 5 days before entering the country.
- Travel insurance is also required for all foreign visitors to Vietnam. The insurance must cover the cost of Covid-19 treatment in case you get sick in the country. If you do not have insurance, your sponsor company must sign an agreement that they will pay for the cost of Covid-19 treatment.
When you arrive at the airport in Vietnam, you should be willing to undergo medical checks to determine if you have symptoms for Covid-19. And before you start your quarantine at the hotel, you will be asked to undergo a Covid-19 test. If you are positive, you will immediately be isolated and taken to a hospital for treatment. However, if the result is negative, then you can start your quarantine.
At the Quarantine Facility
When undergoing quarantine at the hotel, you are obliged to strictly follow the health and safety measures imposed to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 virus. You must not get into contact with the community while you are in isolation. And if you notice any symptoms such as fever and cough, you must inform the health authorities immediately.
On your sixth day of being on quarantine, you will be asked to undergo the Covid-19 test again. If the result is positive, you will be taken to a hospital. Otherwise, you can continue with your quarantine. You will be tested again on the 14th day and will be released from isolation if your result is negative.
Consult with a Local Agency for Assistance
As you see, traveling to Vietnam these days is not like before. You need to have a sponsor company and must apply for a business visa before you can be allowed entry. If you do not have a sponsor company, but you are among those foreigners who are eligible for entry to Vietnam, you can get in touch with a local agency for assistance. The agency will help you apply for a business visa, book your quarantine facility, and accomplish several other requirements needed for entry.
You must be logged in to post a comment.