Foreign investors and entrepreneurs who plan on visiting Vietnam this Covid-19 season can now apply for a business visa on arrival. With this option, you no longer need to go to a Vietnamese consulate or embassy to submit your application, since you will get your visa upon arrival in the country. But take note that the visa will only be issued to eligible foreigners. Vietnam is still not accepting visitors for leisure travel, and the business visa will only be issued to foreigners whose main purpose of the visit is to do business or work for a foreign company. Here’s everything you need to know about the Vietnam business visa on arrival.
How To Apply for the Vietnam Visa on Arrival for Business People in The Covid 19 Season
If you are interested to apply for a business visa on arrival, here are the steps you need to take:
- First of all, you need to have a sponsor company that can apply for the visa on your behalf. The sponsor company must send a letter to the People’s Committee of the City where the company is based. Once the People’s Committee approves the visit, they will issue an entry permit. The entry permit must be sent to the Vietnam Immigration Department for the visa to be processed.
- Once the visa is approved, the Immigration Department of Vietnam, will send a pre-approval letter. Print this letter and bring it with you to Vietnam. You also need to bring 2-passport-sized photos and some other requirements.
- When you arrive at the airport in Vietnam, head to the visa landing counter and give them your pre-approval letter and other requirements. They will check your documents and ask you to pay the stamping fee. Then the business visa will be attached to your passport. You can now enter Vietnam using a business visa.
Vietnam Airports Where You Can Get the Business Visa on Arrival in The Covid 19 Season
Take note the visa on arrival program is only applicable to visitors who are traveling by air to Vietnam. It cannot be used when entering through the port or land borders. Below is a list of airports where you can get a Vietnam business visa on arrival.
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City
- Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi
- Da Nang International Airport in Da Nang
- Cat Bi International Airport in Hai Phong
- Cam Ranh International Airport in Nha Trang
- Phu Quoc International Airport in Phu Quoc
- Van Don International in Quang Ninh
- Can Tho International in Can Tho
So before you apply for the business visa online, find out which airport you will be flying into.
Additional Notes To Get Visa in The Covid 19 Season
Take note that unlike before where you only need a letter of invitation from a company in Vietnam, there are now several other requirements that you need to submit in order to be granted a business visa. Your sponsor company will be required to send a letter to the local People’s Committee to ask permission for your visit into the country. The letter should state your purpose of visit and how you are affiliated with the company.
Since you will be quarantined upon entry, you also need to submit a confirmed hotel booking for the entire 14 days of your quarantine. Your hotel booking must also include a pre-booked vehicle that will take you to your hotel from the airport since you are not allowed to take any public transportation before the quarantine.
On the day of your flight, you will be asked to show proof of a negative result of Covid-19 taken via PCR test. The test must be performed by a certified laboratory and should be taken in the past 3 to 5 days before your flight to Vietnam. You’re also required to have insurance that can cover the cost of your hospitalization in case you get sick for Covid-19. If you don’t have insurance, your sponsor company must pledge to pay for your treatment.
It’s also important that you double-check the validity of your passport. They will only process your business visa application if your passport is valid for at least six months from the date of entry into the country. Your passport should also have two extra blank pages for the visa to be attached.
Different Types of Business Visa in The Covid 19 Season
When applying for the Vietnam business visa on arrival online, you will be asked to choose the type of business visa that you want. Here are the different types of business visa on arrival that you can apply.
- 1-month single entry business visa
- 3-month single entry business visa
- 12-months multiple entries (only for US passport holders)
Visiting Vietnam during this Covid-19 season can be difficult and expensive. You need to book a stay in a hotel for 14 days, undergo Covid-19 test, and pay for the entry permit from the People’s Committee. If you need help in entering Vietnam as a business person during this Covid-19 season, consider using a local agency.
You must be logged in to post a comment.