All Austrian passport holders are required to have a visa to enter Vietnam. Austrian can apply for a visa at Vietnamese embassy (in either Austria or a third country), or online for a visa on arrival.
Below is the instruction for how to get the Vietnam Visa?
1. Vietnam Visa on Arrival
You can apply online for a visa on arrival. Check the fee and apply online here.
The process is as follows:
- Apply online for your visa online and pay the application fee
- Receive your approval letter to your email and print a hard copy
- Arrive at Vietnam Airport and get your visa
It usually takes 1-2 business days to process your visa application and an approval letter will be sent to your email. You take the letter and passport photos to enter Vietnam by air.
Notes: Visa on arrival works for air travel only. And it is available in 4 international airports in Vietnam, including Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city) and Da Nang airport (Da Nang city).
2. Visa at the embassy of Vietnam
Apply the visa at the Vietnamese Embassy in Austria or at any embassy or consulate of Vietnam near your place. The following documents are required for each visa application:
- Original Passport (with at least 01 month validity from the date of leaving Vietnam)
- One completed application form for a Vietnam visa (Contact the embassy or consulate for this form)
- One passport sized photo of 4×6 cm (attached to the application)
- Visa fees (Cash, Money order or Bank cheque) payable to “The Embassy of Vietnam”
- Prepaid return envelope, if you plan to receive your visa by mail
- * Sometimes, Flight return ticket and Hotel booking reservation or tour itinerary are required. Please check these information with the embassy or consulate of Vietnam where you want to apply the Visa.
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Vienna, Austria
- Address : Felix Mottl – Strasse 20, 1190 Vienna, Austria
- General line: +4313680755
- Reception: +4313680755/11
- Consular section: +4313680755/10
- Fax: +4313680754
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://vnembassy-vienna.mofa.gov.vn
Working time : Monday – Friday: 9.00 am – 5.00 pm
The Embassy of Vietnam will be closed on the public holidays of both Vietnam and Austria.
3. Apply for Vietnam e-visa
Austrians are eligible for Vietnam e-visa (30 days, single entry)