Do citizens of Australia need a visa to visit Vietnam?
Yes, Visa is required for citizen of Australia to visit Vietnam for any purposes from visiting friends and families to going on a business trip or taking leisure vacation.
How many ways could citizens of Australia apply for a visa to Vietnam?
As a Australian citizen, whether you are living in Australia or currently traveling in one other country outside Australia, you can also follow these instructions to obtain a Visa to Vietnam.
If you hold passport of Australia, you have two options to apply for a Vietnam visa
1. Apply Vietnam Visa Online for the approval letter to pick up the Visa at Vietnam airport (Vietnam visa on arrival).
This method is very convenient, fast, reasonable and secure. You just stay at home, access the Internet, apply Online and it is done in couple of minutes!
- Issuing unit: Vietnam Immigration Department in Vietnam
- Processing time: 1 – 2 working days
- Secure 100%
- No passport send-off
How To Apply Vietnam Visa Online?
Fill in the secured Vietnam visa application form online with required information such as your full name, date of birth, passport number, arrival date… You are required to enter the exact personal information of the applicant(s) in order for the Immigration Department to issue Visa Approval Letter.
Please double check to ensure the information is correct. Then process to make payment for the service fee. You can make payment with your Credit/ Debit Card /PayPal or pay via Western Union.
The cost for Vietnam visa on arrival includes:
– Visa service fee (we charge you for the service fee) and,
– Visa stamping fee (paid to custom officers at airports when you arrive Vietnam)
👉 Click here to learn more about the Vietnam Visa fee apply for citizen of Australia
After submitting your Visa Application, what you do is:
– Wait for 1 or 2 working days (normal service) or 4 hours / 8 hours working (urgent cases) to get your Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department via email.
– Print the visa approval letter out together with the Vietnamese Visa application form (You may download it here – Vietnamese-visa-application-form (Form NA1))
– Get your visa stamped at “Visa landing Counter” at the airport before you come to the stamp check-in counter by presenting the Visa approval letter, the original passport (with at least 06-months validity), 02 passport-sized photos, Vietnamese Visa application form (already filled out), and stamping fee to the Immigration Officer.
Note that: Visa on arrival works for air travel only. And it is available in 4 international airports in Vietnam, including Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city) and Da Nang airport (Da Nang city).
2. Apply for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy
Citizens of Australia can also come to an embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Australia or in any country in the world to apply the Visa. You may click here to find the address of Vietnam embassy near your place.
The following documents are required for each visa application:
- – The Vietnam visa code (If required)
- – Original Passport (with at least 06-months validity)
- – One completed application form for a Vietnam visa (Contact the embassy or consulate for this form)
- – One passport size photo of 4×6 cm (attached to the application)
– Visa fees
* Sometimes flight return ticket and hotel booking reservation or tour itinerary are required. Please check this information with the embassy or consulate to know further information.
How to apply a Vietnam Visa code?
If the embassy or consulate of Vietnam need the Vietnam visa code, you could apply with us. We can help you with the visa approval letter with the visa code.
To apply the Vietnam visa code, please click here to apply online, choose embassy Visa and Apply. You will get the Visa approval letter after 1 or 2 working days. You can use the Visa letter to get the visa at the embassy or consulate of Vietnam which you choose before.
3. Apply for Vietnam e-visa
Vietnam e-visa program has launched since 2018 by the Immigration Department of Vietnam. E-visa is a single entry visa valid for 30 days.