If you’re heading to Vietnam for a relaxing holiday at the beach, the island of Phu Quoc is the best place to visit. Indeed, Phu Quoc is a true hidden paradise. The gorgeous island is home to several stunning beaches that are not as crowded as the more popular beaches in Southeast Asia. Here, you can relax and unwind
When heading to Phu Quoc, you can take a ferryboat or go by airplane by flying directly to the Phu Quoc Island Airport. This airport serves both domestic and international flights daily. And if you need a visa before you can enter Vietnam, you can use the Vietnam e-visa when entering through Phu Quoc Island Airport.
What Is a Vietnam E-visa?
When flying to Vietnam, one of the things that you need to think about is your visa. Thankfully, applying for a Vietnam visa is now so easy and that’s because they now offer the e-visa. With this visa, foreign tourists no longer need to go to an embassy or consulate of Vietnam to obtain one. All they need to do is to go online and fill out a form.
The Vietnam e-visa was launched in order to invite more foreigners to visit the country and boost the country’s tourism industry. This visa is good for single entry and will allow you to stay in the country for up to 30 days. You can use the e-visa in entering several points of entries in Vietnam. Aside from the airports, you can also use it to enter the seaports and land border entry points. Of course, it’s possible to use the Vietnam e-visa for Phu Quoc Island airport.
When your e-visa application is approved, you will get a link through email that will direct you to download the e-visa in the PDF format. After you download the e-visa, print at least two copies and bring it with you to your holiday in Phu Quoc.
How to Apply for the Vietnam E-visa?
Vietnam’s e-visa can be easily applied online. You can use your laptop or mobile phone for the application. Once you’re connected to the Internet, follow the steps below:
- Go to the website for the Vietnam e-visa web application system.
- Fill out the form completely. Enter your complete name, birth date, nationality, passport number, etc. Review everything before you go on to the next page.
- Next, upload your passport copy (Sample for passport’s bio page). This is the colored page in your passport, which has your picture and contains the important details. You also need to provide digital photos. These are passport-sized photos taken in a white background (Photo guide).
- After uploading your passport copy and photos, click the next button to proceed to the payment page. Here, enter your credit card details. This payment is for the processing fee, which will cost around $25.
- When the payment is successful, you’ll receive a message saying that your visa application has been received.
After a few days, they will send you an email. In it, you will be given a link where you can download a copy of your e-visa. Follow the directions to download the visa and print copies to take with you to Phu Quoc.
Benefits of Using Vietnam E-visa at Phu Quoc Island Airport
The Vietnam e-visa is the easiest visa to apply and this is its biggest advantage. Here are more reasons why you should choose the e-visa.
- Convenient application – you don’t need to go to the embassy or consulate to apply for the visa, which is why it’s very convenient to apply. Even if you’re in your home, hotel room, or anywhere that there’s an Internet connection, you should be able to apply for this visa just fine.
- Fast processing – it will only take 3 business days for the e-visa to be processed. Sometimes, you can even get it in as fast as 24 hours!
- It can be used in several points of entry – aside from using the Vietnam e-visa at Phu Quoc Island airport, you can also use it at seaports and land border entry points.
- No queuing – since you already have your visa when you fly to Phu Quoc Island airport, you no longer need to queue at the airport when you arrive. You just proceed directly to Passport Control and give your passport and e-visa copy.
When Should You Apply for a Vietnam E-visa?
The standard processing time of the Vietnam e-visa is 3 to 5 business days. Sometimes, it’s earlier than that, but there are also times that the processing will be delayed especially if you’re applying during the peak travel season. The Vietnam Immigration would recommend foreign visitors to apply for the e-visa at least 2 weeks before your trip. This will give the Immigration enough time to process your e-visa application.