If you’re planning to explore the Mekong Delta Region of Vietnam, the best way to start is in the city of Can Tho. The city is dubbed the western capital of Vietnam. It’s located at the bank of Hau River and is known for its vast network of canals and floating markets. If you want to explore Can Tho, you should consider flying directly to the Can Tho City Airport. The airport serves both domestic and international flights.
And here’s the good news, Can Tho Airport is one of those airports in Vietnam that accepts the e-visa. Also called the electronic visa, the e-visa is the easiest and most convenient type of visa that you can apply for your Vietnam trip. So here’s everything you need to know about using the Vietnam e-visa via Can Tho City Airport.
General Information about the Vietnam e-Visa
To give you an idea of what an e-visa is, here’s a short overview of this visa:
- The Vietnam e-visa is also known as the electronic visa because it’s a visa that you can apply online through the e-visa application system of the Vietnam Immigration. You no longer need to go to a Vietnam embassy when applying for this visa.
- You can use the e-visa to enter Can Tho City Airport both for tourism and business purposes.
- The e-visa will take about 3 business days to be processed. There’s an option to pay more for the rush processing of the visa.
- Aside from Can Tho City Airport, you can also use the visa to enter the numerous entry points of Vietnam, including seaports and land border entry points. List-of-port that accept for e-visa.
- The e-visa can easily be applied online. Once approved, it will be issued online as well.
- It’s good for single entry and with a validity of 30 days or one month.
Requirements for e-Visa Application
You are required to submit certain requirements when applying for the Vietnam e-visa. So here are the requirements that you need to prepare for your e-visa application.
- Scanned copy of your passport’s bio page. This is the first page of your passport that has your complete name, nationality, passport number, etc.
- Passport-sized digital photo – the photo should have a white background and in a Jpeg format. It should display your face clearly and must be taken recently. Photo Guide.
- Credit card or debit card for payment – you will be required to pay the processing fee of $25 online. You can pay this with your card or PayPal account.
Vietnam E-visa Processing Time
The Vietnam Immigration aims to process and approve e-visa applications within 3 business days. But for those who need their visa urgently, they can request a rush processing. This will cost more money but you could get your visa approved in as fast as 24 hours!
The processing fee of the e-visa is $25, but if you need it rush, you can pay around $40. It’s highly recommended that you apply for your e-visa at least two weeks before your trip to Can Tho. Sometimes, the processing will be delayed due to various reasons. During the peak travel season, the e-visa could take longer to be processed.
How To Apply for the Vietnam E-visa
It’s so easy to apply for the Vietnam e-visa for your trip to Can Tho City. Everything is done online. So all you need to have is a computer or mobile phone, and an Internet connection. Here are the steps on how to apply for the e-visa.
- Go online and fill out the e-visa application form. Make sure you type everything correctly.
- Next, upload a scanned copy of the bio page of your passport and your photo.
- Get your card to pay for the processing fee then submit your e-visa application.
- Once approved, they will send you an email for the instructions on how you can download the e-visa.
- Download a copy on your phone or computer and print at least two copies to bring to your trip.
- When you arrive at Can Tho City Airport, go directly to Passport Control. Give your passport and e-visa and you’ll be able to get inside the country.
Advantages of Vietnam e-Visa via Can Tho City Airport
While it’s still possible to get your visa from the embassy of Vietnam, applying for the e-visa is a much better option. It’s very convenient since you no longer need to schedule an appointment from a Vietnam embassy. All you need is to fill out the application form online and you will get your visa online as well.
Another advantage of using the Vietnam e-visa is that you can also use it in entering through seaport and land border entry points. Aside from Can Tho City Airport, you can also use it in some other airports in Vietnam.