When planning a trip to the city of Saigon (now called Ho Chi Minh City), one of the things that you need to prepare ahead is your visa. Although some nationalities are exempted from the Vietnam visa, there are those that require a visa before they can be allowed to enter
Thankfully, the Vietnam e-visa can be used at the Saigon City Airport. This is a type of visa that you can easily apply over the Internet. And once the visa is approved, it will be sent to you online. It’s truly very convenient because you can apply for this visa right at your home.
What Is a Vietnam E-visa?
The e-visa is one of the tourist visas that the Vietnam Immigration would issue to visiting tourists. It’s also called the electronic visa and it allows foreigners to easily apply for a tourist visa online. This visa was launched in order to make it easier or foreign visitors to visit Vietnam.
The e-visa will let a foreign visitor stay in Vietnam for a maximum of 30 days. It can only be used for a single entry. The visa is acceptable at all the main airports in Vietnam including the Saigon City Airport. But aside from airports, the e-visa can also be used in entering through land border entry points and seaports. Therefore, foreigners who plan on entering Vietnam via its land border should apply for the e-visa. Those who are traveling to Vietnam on a cruise and will enter through its seaport should also consider applying for the e-visa.
Once the e-visa is approved, it will be sent through email in a PDF form. You can then download the PDF copy and save it in your phone or laptop. Then print at least two copies of the visa to bring to your trip to Vietnam.
How to Apply for the Vietnam E-visa?
Since the Vietnam e-visa is a type of visa that you can get online, the first thing to do is to connect to the Internet. When you’re online, here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the official website for the Vietnam e-visa application. Open the visa application form.
- Enter the details required on the form. Provide your complete name, birth date, etc. Make sure you review everything before you go to the next page.
- Provide the requirements needed, such as the scanned copy of the bio page of your passport. Upload your photo as well (Photo Guide). When you’re done, click the next button to proceed to the payment page.
- On the payment page, enter your credit card details. The processing fee will cost you around $25, although this will depend on the processing time that you have chosen. Rush processing will cost you more.
- When you’re done with the payment, you’ll see a message saying that your visa is already being processed. All you need to do is to wait for an email for your visa.
Benefits of Using Vietnam E-visa at Saigon City Airport
Aside from the e-visa, there are other visa options that you can apply for your trip to Saigon. However, e-visa comes with many benefits. Here are some of the reasons why the e-visa is the best option for your Saigon trip.
- Convenient application – applying for an e-visa for Saigon city Airport is easy and convenient. You just go online, fill out the form, and wait for your visa to be emailed to you.
- Fast processing – it will roughly take 3 – 5 business days for the Vietnam Immigration to process your visa after submitting your application. This is faster than going to a Vietnam embassy to personally apply for your visa.
- Visa can be used in various points of entry – the e-visa can be used in several points of entry around the country including at the Saigon city airport. This is why the e-visa is a great option for foreigners entering via the seaport or land border.
- No queuing – unlike the other types of visa that would you to queue at Vietnam airports when you arrive, the e-visa does not require any of this. Once you have the e-visa copy, you can go directly to Passport Control. Just present your passport along with the e-visa.
When Should You Apply for a Vietnam E-visa?
As mentioned, it will take around 2 – 3 business days for the e-visa processing. But the Vietnam authorities require foreign visitors to apply for the visa at least two weeks before their trip. Also, there are instances where it could be delayed especially during peak season. To avoid any problems, you better apply for your Vietnam e-visa as soon as possible. For those who need a visa very urgently, there’s an option to apply for rush processing. However, this will cost you more for the processing fee.