When you look in the maps, Australia and the continent of Asia seems to be very close. Sometimes in history, the land of Australia might have been attached to the Asian continent. However, even though they seem to be closer than the other western countries, each of them are unique in their own way. Separated by the Pacific Ocean, the South East Asia lying in the Northern Hemisphere of the world offers a totally distinct, unique culture, history and topography that is vastly different from Australia. You can experience a whole new world when you travel to South East Asia from Australia.
If you are interested to explore the South East Asian countries, Vietnam should be at the top of your list. Located beside the South China Sea, Vietnam is famous for its turquoise blue sea and golden beaches, beautiful winding rivers and Buddhist pagodas.
But before you pack your bags and board your flight, you need to get hold of two very important documents – your passport and visa. If you don’t want to wait in long queues, you can apply for Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizen.
What Is Vietnam E-visa?
The government of Vietnam has opened its door to tourists from all over world by making the process of acquiring a visa much easier and faster. The Vietnamese government has started the e-visa facility from February of 2017. This decree will allow an Australian citizen to get an e-visa.
There is a difference when it comes to a normal visa and e-visa. For a normal visa you can visit the Embassy of Vietnam in Australia. The e-visa or electronic visa is acquired through an online application. You can go to the official website of Vietnam government and apply for the Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizen. The process is very simple and hassle-free.
Things to Keep in Mind When Applying for a Vietnam E-visa For Australian Citizen
Before you apply for the Vietnam E-visa For Australian Citizen, understand that the culture, history and heritage is very different from Australia. So when you visit the country as a tourist, be cautious not to display any disrespect towards their culture and religion and obey all the laws while you are in Vietnam. That way, you can save yourself from serious legal troubles.
If you are thinking of getting a Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizen, you need to make sure you provide all the necessary details and have all the necessary documents ready near your hands.
Points To Keep In Mind
- There are two types of e-visa that an Australian citizen can apply for – e-visa and e-visa on arrival. The e-visa on arrival will be issued to you after you arrive in Vietnam.
- When you are filling the form, you will need to provide your personal details – full name, address, date of birth (the format is DD/MM/YY), contact details, nationality etc.
- You will need to give your passport number as well. Make sure your passport has at least 6 months of validity period from the date of arrival in Vietnam. Make sure it has 2 blank pages for the Immigration and Border Control Officer.
- A digital scan of your personal details on your Passport will also be required.
- Plan your trip first – which cities you will visit, which hotels you will stay in, how long you will be there. This is because you will need to provide the date of arrival in Vietnam, the airport of your arrival, the date range when you will be inside the country. All of these information is very crucial as any mistake can get you in trouble.
- After you have filled up the form, you can pay for the e-visa. The fees and delivery time depend on the processing speed you choose. A Standard Processing takes about 5 business days and costs 45 USD. A Rush Processing takes 4 business days and costs 75 USD. Lastly, the Super Rush Processing takes 3 business days and costs 105 USD.
- You will receive your e-visa via email in a Pdf file. You need to download the file and print the e-visa.
- Upon arrival, you will need to show two photos, your printed copy of e-visa and your passport.
When you are applying for Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizen, keep in mind that this is a single entry visa. The e-visa is valid for one month or 30 days only. After the 30 days are over, you will need to renew the visa. Also, if you are applying for Vietnam e-visa for Australian citizen, remember that this e-visa is accepted only if you are arriving at an airport in Vietnam. If you’re travelling by boat, car or train you will need different documents. Make sure your children have the e-visa to if they are have their own passport. If they are included in your passport, you will need to put their names in your e-visa also.