Whether for sightseeing purpose or any other important reasons, travelling to an abroad country helps you grow as an individual. Boosting your self-confidence and providing you with the ability to tackle different situations of life, travelling overseas has its own perks.
When you plan to travel to a foreign country, there are several things you need to take into consideration. Visa is one of the unavoidable and crucial element without which you cannot enter a foreign country legally.
Why is Visa So important?
Visa is a legal document that permits people to enter other countries with the host country’s government permission. It reveals the purpose of a person’s visit and the tenure of his/her stay in the country. Often passport and visa are confused with one another, but there’s a big difference between both. Passport is proof that you are a legal citizen of your country and visa gives you legitimate permission to enter as a legal citizen into a foreign country.
Visa is used for immigration purpose that ensures whoever entering the country is a legal person, and his/her intention is not to disturb the peace of the country. It also works as an identity verification document that reveals the identity of the person and the purpose of his/her visit. Whether you are travelling to relish the beauty of a foreign country or planning to study or work there, it is essential to acquire the visa of the concerned country.
Vietnam Visa Types That You Can Get Via An Agency
A visa holds great significance to both the traveller and the host country. A traveller cannot enter the country without legal permission approved by the host country’s government. While there are many countries where a visa is not a necessary document to carry while travelling, visa, in general, is essential to fly across countries.
Vietnam is one such country where a visa is an important item to bring before arrival. Vietnamese government provides both e-visa and visa-on-approval. You can choose your visa type according to your preference. Below are the common types of Vietnam visas issued for foreigners:-
- Tourist Visa (DL): It is issued to the people who wish to visit the country for the purpose of sightseeing. Depending upon the purpose you can apply for either single entry or multiple entry tourist visas.
- Business Visa (DN): Another popular form of visa is a business visa that is issued to those who want to enter Vietnam for business. The purpose majorly includes business meetings, setting up a new venture, buying or selling merchandise, signing contracts, partnering with Vietnamese companies, etc.
- Student Visa (DH): Students who are planning to study in Vietnam are granted with Vietnam student visa. They can enter Vietnam on a tourist visa, enroll in a course and then apply for a student visa at the Immigration Office at their educational institute.
- Work permit (Working Visa): Granted to those who want to work in Vietnam. Work permit (Working visa) is valid up to 12 months after that the person has to extend his/her visa (if needed).
Vietnam Visa Categories For Foreigners That You Apply At The Website of the Government
- NG1:It is granted to those official members who are invited by the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam or Congress, President, Minister, Chairperson of National Assembly.
- NG2: Granted to people/delegates who are invited by vice president, National Assembly Vice Chairpersons, Deputy Prime Ministers, Chief Justice of Supreme Court, the State Auditor General.
- NG3: It is granted to the member of consular offices, diplomatic missions, representatives of international organizations by United Nations, inter-government organizations.
- NG4: This visa type is issued to people who visit Vietnam to work with consular offices, diplomatic offices, representatives’ offices of international organizations by United Nations, inter-government organizations.
- LV1: Used by individuals who visit Vietnam to work with Supreme court, inspectorate, ministries, and equal ministries, the committee of provinces, government agencies, central agencies and government unions.
- ĐT: Granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam.
- DN: It is issued to people who come to work with Vietnam-based enterprises.
- NN1: Provided to heads of representative offices or projects of international organizations and foreign non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
- NN2: Given to heads of representative offices or branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam.
- NN3: This type of visa is issued to people who come to work with foreign non-governmental organizations, representative offices or branches of foreign traders, representative offices of other foreign economic, cultural, professional organizations in Vietnam.
- DH: Granted to people who come to practice as probationers or study in Vietnam.
- HN: It is issued to people who come to attend conferences or workshops.
- PV1: This visa type is issues to permanent correspondents and journalists in Vietnam.
- PV2: Given to correspondents and journalists who come to work for a short term in Vietnam.
- LD: Visa type issued to people who come to work.
- DL: Issued to tourists.
- TT: – Type of visa issued to foreigners who are parents, spouses, under-18 children of foreigners holding LV1, LV2, DT, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1 or LD visas, or foreigners who are parents, spouses or children of Vietnamese citizens.
- VR: Granted to people who come to visit their relatives or for other purposes.
- SQ: Issued to people in the cases prescribed in Clause 3, Article 17 of this Law.
There’s no doubt in asserting that travelling to new places is the next best thing that can happen in your life. Travelling with visa is vital to enter the country legally and without any hassle.
If you have planned to visit Vietnam, it is important to understand the different types of visas that suit different purposes.
The Vietnamese government has streamlined the visa procedures for tourists that have eventually surged the number of tourists visiting the country every year. You can check the details here.
The above mentioned was a quick guide for categories and types of Vietnam visa that you must be acquainted with before applying for one.