Students from all across the globe wishes to once continue their studies in an abroad land in order to gain some fresh experience and indulge in a new cultural environment. There are plenty of educational opportunities that are favorable for students.
Vietnam: A Preferred Education Destination For Foreign Students
If you have decided to continue your further studies in a foreign country then it’s time to streamline the options of countries that best suit your educational requirements. Among all the other posh countries that offer elite educational courses that come at a hefty price tag, Vietnam is one such famous country that is a favored education destination.
Due to its low tuition fees and increased number of quality international courses offered by reputed universities, Vietnam has become a hot spot for students across the globe. Additionally, since 2013, higher education sector of Vietnam has witnessed tremendous growth with more significant opportunities and accessibility to foreign students. Such growing reforms have attracted many investors and students from every corner of the world. As the government has streamlined the guidelines for Vietnam visa as well, it has become even more accessible for students to acquire student visas.
Why Study in Vietnam?
Owing to the steady economical growth, Vietnam is counted among the emerging countries that acquire the potential to show its worth to the global economy. From culture, art, history to science, learning opportunities in Vietnam are endless. Furthermore, living and studying and studying in Vietnam is considered a rich source of cultural exposure. The youth population in Vietnam is significantly high. A vast majority of them converse in English that makes it easy to blend in with the locals.
Universities in Vietnam
Vietnam is brimmed with reputed universities that not only focus on providing quality education but also prioritize the overall growth of the students. Vietnam has both public and private universities that offer elite educational courses for students across the globe. The national universities are situated in Hanoi and Chi Minh City, while there are several reputable regional universities including Thai Nguyen, The University of Da Nang and The Hue University.
Each university provide a wide range of specialized programs in the field of science, finance, information technology, accounting, engineering, communication technology medicine, and international studies. A majority of programs are taught in English. These universities also conduct Vietnamese learning classes for the foreign students.
Vietnam Student Visa
If you wish to pursue your desired course from Vietnam, it is essential to apply for an extended stay student visa. You can enter the country on a tourist visa and enroll into a university to apply for the student visa. You can apply for the student visa at Immigration Department of Vietnam.
Student Visa Application Procedure
As mentioned above, you can enter the country on a student visa and enroll in a university/college/school to acquire a student visa. Follow the below steps to complete the procedure:-
- Once you have got admission into an educational institute, contact Immigration Department Office at your school/college/university to request for the copy of approval.
- Submit the copy of approval along with other necessary documents such as visa application form, original passport, personal verification documents, etc.
- Your visa application will be processed after all the documents have been verified by the immigration department.
- You can collect your visa from the Vietnamese Embassy or Vietnamese Consulate General.
Documents Required To Apply For Vietnamese Student Visa
- Visa application form along with your passport sized photo.
- Passport with at least 6 months validity and 2 blank pages for stamping.
- Letter of approval/acceptance from your school/college/university in Vietnam.
- Pre-approval from Immigration Department, Vietnam.
What to Submit?
- NA5 Application form for replacement, insurance, modification or stay extension
- Original passport with 6 months validity and one blank page.
- 1 passport sized photo 4 x 6 cm with white background in formal attire.
- Student ID card issued by Vietnamese educational institute.
- Proof of tuition fee
- Proof of application fee
How Much Does It Cost?
When you apply for student visa you are liable to pay the fee of application in Vietnam Dong. The fee is paid at Student centre in the concerned educational institute in Vietnam in which you are intending to study. A receipt will be returned from Immigration Office later. Following are fee structure of different visa form:-
- Extension stay permit: 10 USD
- 3 months(single entry): 35 USD
- 3 months (multiple entry): 60 USD
- 3-6 months (multiple entry): 105 USD
- 6 moths – 1 year (multiple entry): 145 USD
Studying in Vietnam has endless opportunities to grow in your profession and acquire fresh experience of a culturally rich world. Owing to the economical growth of the country, there’s no doubt in asserting that studying in Vietnam is the best decision can ever take for a better professional life. Cost of living and studying in Vietnam is also budget-friendly giving you more reasons to enroll in a program in the country.
Applying for student visa is an essential step to make your stay fruitful and legal. The above mentioned were some significant factors that you must acquainted with while planning to study in this exotic Indochina peninsula.