I am Kusum Trivedi and come from New Delhi, India. I was looking to travel to Vietnam for a long time, and that’s why I applied for the visa on arrival through an online application. It is undoubtedly the easiest and fastest way to get a Vietnam visa for Indians. I kept my research to-the-point and looked for the best ways to get the Vietnam e-visa for Indians. Here I have detailed out the entire procedure for the visa on arrival, how to apply, and more. Read on to find out all about it.
Information on the Vietnam visa on arrival?
We all know that the visa procedure can be tedious and daunting. But it is essential to know everything about a country’s visa, especially visa on arrival before you step in that country. I found out about the Vietnam visa on arrival through numerous travel websites and several travel agents. As compared to other South East Asian countries such as Thailand or Cambodia, Vietnam visa on arrival is only available to you if you travel by air. So, if you are looking for a Vietnam visa on arrival for Indians, you need to go by flight only.
Why did I choose to go with a visa on arrival?
If you are wondering why you should go for Vietnam visa on arrival for Indians instead of going to the embassy, then here are some of the benefits of visa on arrival-
- Cost-effectiveness –Vietnam visa is less expensive as compared to other countries, and the visa on arrival is cheaper too. Moreover, visa on arrival is comparatively less costly than getting the visa through the embassy.
- Convenient and simple – The visa on arrival process is easy and hassle-free. Every requirement is completed online.
- Quicker process –Vietnam e-visa or visa on arrival process is quite swift. In case there is an emergency, the approval letter can be available within the next 2 to 3 days after your submitted online application.
The application process for Vietnam visa for Indians
You can apply for the visa for Vietnam using two different ways-
- Through the embassy
- Through the online application for the visa on arrival
When you are ready to apply for the Vietnam visa, ensure that you keep the documents in hand. Many people might not carry some of the crucial documents, which might lead to a delay in the Vietnam visa or cancellation of the visa. Here are the essential documents that you should have with you while applying for the visa-
- Your original passport, which must be valid for a minimum of six months from the period of your stay in Vietnam
- Two photographs, passport-sized. The specifications of the photograph sizes are 4x6cm or 2×2 inches
- The NA1 form that is required with the visa application at the embassy and entry and exit for visa on arrival
- The stamping fee
- The approval letter that will be needed during the time of your arrival at the Vietnam airport for visa on arrival
If you are looking to skip the embassy procedure for applying for the visa for Vietnam, go for the visa on arrival procedure. There are three simple steps to apply for the visa on arrival-
- Online application required for the approval letter. Once you are done applying, the website owner will send the letter to your registered Email address.
- Present your approved letter at the Vietnam airport; pay the stamping fee
- Finally, get the Vietnam visa on arrival
Fees required for the visa on arrival
You need to pay two fees for the visa on arrival for Vietnam, and these are-
- The service fee for the visa letter that you have to pay when you arrive at the time of application processing.
- The stamping fee that you have to pay once you arrive at Vietnam airport.
The fee of the visa differs from visa to visa, which you will be applying for. Furthermore, even the visa letter service fee would vary according to the visa type and how quickly you need the visa.
However, the stamping fee is fixed and it is priced at (US$25) INR 1776/- for a single entry visa and (US$50) INR 3 552/- for multiple entries visa. You can choose to pay the stamping fee either in VND or USD or EUR. Also, you should make sure to carry extra cash on you as it might be challenging to find an ATM near the customs department. You should also make sure to keep checking the updated prices in case there are any modifications to the fee structure.
The process for the visa application is easy. Simply apply for a Vietnam visa on arrival by filling out a secure online form. You need to complete the form by adding your personal details like name, passport number, arrival date, and payment method.
The next step is to submit the form and get the approval letter directly on your registered Email address, post 2 to 3 working days. It is important to take a print out of the PDF with two passport size photographs when you enter Vietnam to furnish these things at the airport to get the visa on arrival.
So, if you have your next Vietnam trip planned but don’t know how to get the Vietnam e-visa for Indians, keep this info handy to get all the information.