If you are planning to visit any place, you need to identify the best moments so as you can enjoy the latter. There is no need for touring in a nation such as Vietnam and spend most of your time indoors due to rain or storms that cause a lot of discomforts. You need to visit a place and enjoy walking around and enjoy the nature of the area. Thus, if you need to visit in Vietnam, do your planning well so as you can fix your dates during summer or autumn and avoid the wrath effect of winter that tends to go to the extreme in Vietnam.
Timing and Seasons
The weather in Vietnam can be split by region.
– In Hanoi & the north, May to October is hot and humid with high rainfall; November to April is cooler and dry. In the far north, December & January can be particularly cold. The springs usually occur between February and April. Summer is from May to Aug. The autumn tends, on the other hand, occurs between August and October. And winter is Nov – Jan.
– Central Vietnam: Central Vietnam experiences hot, dry weather between January & August when temperatures can hit the mid-40°C’s; whilst high levels of rainfall can occur in September, October & November.
– Southern Vietnam is generally dry and hot from November to April, and warm and wet between May & October, with the highest rainfall in June, July & August.
There is no need of visiting a place when it is dusty and windy, yet you can easily tour it when it is calm and friendly. Also, if you are planning to visit in Vietnam, and travel many places, scheduling your visit might be complicated. The aspect is because different locations tend to experience different climatic conditions at a different time. If you were traveling with your family, the scheduling becomes more complicated as you will desire your kids to enjoy to the fullest. Thus, there is no need of visiting the area when it is not favorable for you or your friends.
Destinations and Seasons
– There are areas such as Sapa that are cool for the whole year. Sometimes, there is snow in winter there (December – January). Especially, the terraced paddy fields have a different beauty during different periods of time when the rice is evergreen(on Jul – Aug) or yellow (end of Sep – Oct). Sure, End of September is considered as the best time to visit Sapa with the yellow terraces fields are about to harvest.
– Other cities in north Vietnam such as Hanoi tend to be hot and humid summer (May – Aug) but cold in winter (Nov – Jan)
– In Hue & Da Nang & Hoi An (Central Vietnam), there are heavy rains that fall between October and November. In summer from May – Sep, the place tends to be hot. While other sites experience downpours during summer, the area remains dry and hit until July. And storms often occur later.
– In Dalat on the other hand, the temperatures are relatively low and form a perfect destination where one can escape the summer heat that affects a more significant percentage of Vietnam.
– Ho Chi Minh city (Sai Gon – South Vietnam): The climate is hot year-round, averaging 25 – 35 degrees. So you can go to Sai Gon any season of the year. However, the rainy season will entire period from June – September causing traffic jam and flooding in city centre.
In a nutshell, the best time to travel in Vietnam and have your best moment is between February to April and between August and October. During these periods, the temperatures in the areas tend to favor anyone. There are no heavy downpours that may prevent one from traveling. Also, most of these destinations experience cool and warm temperatures that suit any visitor. Thus, if you are planning to tour in Vietnam, make a point of fixing your dates in these months. You will have an easy time traveling around and enjoy the latter.