Can I apply for Vietnam e-visa if I am citizens of Thailand?
No, citizens of Thailand are not eligible for Vietnam e-visa
From 01 Feb 2019, under Decision 17/2019/NĐ-CP of the Government of Vietnam, there are 80 countries which citizens of it are eligible to apply online for Vietnam e-visa (an e-visa is a single entry valid for staying 30 days). We checked but not found Thailand national in this list, therefore, citizens of Thailand should choose two options below to get a visa for Vietnam
Options for citizens of Thailand getting a visa for Vietnam:
- Visa On Arrival – Apply online for pre-approval then pick up your visa on arrival at the airport
- Apply for a visa at the embassy or consulate of Vietnam in Thailand
Should I apply for a visa at the embassy of Vietnam in Thailand or apply online for pre-approval then pick up my visa on arrival at the airport of Vietnam ?
Of course making the visa application online from home or workplace is convenient for you. You can stay at home or office to fill the online application form then wait 2 working days to receive the visa approval letter via email, then print a copy of the visa approval letter to show for boarding and show on arrival (at the airport of Vietnam) to pick up your visa. Sound great !
However, visa on arrival Vietnam is now available at the International Airports of Vietnam only. You should go to the consulate or embassy of Vietnam to apply for a visa beforehand if you want to visit Vietnam via land crossing or by ship, by motorbike ….
Embassy of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in Bangkok, Thailand
Chancery: 83/1 Wireless Road, Lumpini, Pathumwan, Bangkok , Thailand
Tel: +66 (0) 2 251 3552; +66 (0) 2 251 5838; +66 (0) 2 251 7202
Fax: +66 (0) 2 251 7201; +66 (0) 2 251 7203
From Monday to Friday: Morning: 8.30 – 12.00 | Afternoon: 14.00 – 17.30
Consular hours (Monday to Friday):
– Morning: 9.00 – 11.30
– Afternoon: 14.00 – 17.00
Tourist visa (Counter No.1):
– Submission: 9.00 – 11.30, 14.00 – 16.00
– Collection: 16.00 – 17.00
Aprroved visa, Legalization and Certification of Documents (Counter No.3):
– Submission: 9.00 – 11.30
– Collection: 16.00 – 17.00.
The Embassy of Vietnam will be closed on the public holidays of both Vietnam and Thailand.
The Consulate General of Vietnam in Khonkaen – Thailand
- Adress: 65/6 Chatapadung, Khonkaen 40000
- Phone: (+60-043) 242 190
- Fax: (+60-043) 241 154
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : vnconsulate-khonkaen.mofa.gov.vn
- Working time : Monday – Friday: 8.30 – 12:00; 14:00 – 17.30 pm
- The Consulate of Vietnam will be closed on the public holidays of both Vietnam and Thailand.