For all US citizens holding passport to visit Vietnam must require a Vietnam visa regardless of the length of their stay and purpose. Obtaining a Vietnam visa on arrival is the best option to get a valid tourist or business visa for your stay at Vietnam. US citizens who opt for visa on arrival is allowed only at the five international airports in Vietnam and are in,
- Hai Phong
- Da Nang
- Khanh Hoa and
- Ho Chi Minh City
For this option, you must apply for Vietnam visa online to get a visa approval letter and pay a Vietnam visa fee for stamping on the arrival to get the letter stamped to your passport.
The benefits of applying for Vietnam visa on arrival are listed below:
- Quick processing
- Time saving
Steps to Get Visa on Arrival to Vietnam for US Citizens
- Fill out the online application form for visa on arrival and pay online.
- Get the visa approval letter through e-mail and make a copy of it or download it to get your visa on arrival at the destination airport.
- At the landing visa desk, submit your visa approval letter, pay the Vietnam visa stamp fee.
- Once you’ve paid the stamp fee, get your visa stamped on the passport.
- For entering Vietnam, show your visa at the destination check-point and enjoy your trip.
You’ve to pay the service fee for visa on arrival with the travel agency and stamping fee must be paid cash upon arrival at your destination airport.
Vietnam visa total cost for service and stamping varies based on the type of the visa you apply for.
Tourist Visa Fee Details
The service fee for single month single entry is 6USD and the stamping fee is 25USD. The stamping fee is requested on the arrival and must be paid only by cash. The service fee for single month multiple entries is 8USD and the stamping fee is 50USD. The service fee for three months single entry is 15USD and the stamping fee is 25USD. The service fee for three months multiple entries is 20USD and the stamping fee is 50 USD. The service fee for the tourist Vietnam visas for six multiple entries is 40 USD and the stamping fee is 95 USD. The service fee for one year multiple entries is 45USD and the stamping fee is 135USD.
Business Visa Fee Details
The service fee for single month single entry is 75 USD and the stamping fee is 25 USD. The service fee for single month multiple entries is 80 USD and the stamping fee for the same is 50 USD. The service fee for three months single entry for business visa is 85 USD and the service fee is 25 USD. The service fee for three months multiple entries is 90 USD and the service fee is 50 USD.
Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival with us to enjoy a 100% money back guarantee if the visa application is rejected by the government or if you are not satisfied with our work.
- How long can you stay in Vietnam with a US passport?For a US passport holder, you can apply a Vietnam visa to stay up to 1 year with visa on arrival, or just 1 month with E-visa.Firstly, you should know that US passport holder cannot enter Vietnam for a free visa. So, you need to apply for a visa before coming to Vietnam. The length of stay depends on the visa you choose:E-visa: It allows you to stay a maximum of 30 days with a single entry. If you apply for E-visa, you can stay in Vietnam for duration of 30 days for a maximum.Visa on arrival: You can apply for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 1 year staying for this type of visa. It allows you to enter and exit multiple times.
- How much is a 30 day visa for Vietnam?A 30 days single visa is the most popular choice for those who are seeking for a short trip to Vietnam. There are two ways to obtain this visa, so the cost of Vietnam visa is different:E-visa: This kind of visa is applied online. It allows the holder to visit a single time with a maximum of 30 days. You can enter Vietnam through airport, land port and seaport by using this type of visa. Price is 40 USD for tourist purpose and 55 USD for working purpose.Visa on arrival: It also allows you to enter Vietnam 1 month, with single or multiple entries. You can enter Vietnam only through the airport using this type of visa. The name of this visa is visa on arrival, but you need to have the approval letter before coming to Vietnam. This letter is applied online.
– 1 month single entry tourist visa: 6 USD for approval letter + 25 USD for stamp fee
– 1 month multiple entry tourist visa: 8 USD for approval letter + 50 USD for stamp fee
– 1 month single entry business visa: 75 USD for approval letter + 25 USD for stamp fee
– 1 month multiple entry business visa: 80 USD for approval letter + 50 USD for stamp fee
- How safe is Vietnam for tourists?Vietnam is attracting many tourists from all over the world:
– The politics is sustainable
– The economics is growing
– The people are friendly
– The landscape is beautifulVietnam is an extremely safe country to travel in:
– The police are in everywhere and protect all the tourists if there is any problem happening. There are rare reports of muggings, robberies or sexual assaults.
– Scams and hassles still exist, particularly in some big cities (like anywhere in the world)
– However, Traffic is a little bit confused. Traffic accident rates are woeful, and driving standards are pretty appalling. So, be extra careful if you’re traveling on your own in Vietnam road.
- How long can I stay in Vietnam without a visa?Depending on your nationalities, you can stay in Vietnam for a free visa policy:
– Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan and Laos passport holders for visits of 30 days at the maximum. Chile passport holders for visits of 90 days at the maximum.
– Philippines passport holders for visits of 21 days at the maximum.
– Belarus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Norway, Russia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom passport holders for visits of 15 days at the maximum.
– Brunei and Myanmar passport holders for visits of 14 days at the maximum.
– APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies for visits of 90 days at the maximum.For those who travel to Phu Quoc Island – Vietnam: Foreigners and Vietnamese holding foreign passports who enter Vietnam through Phu Quoc international airport and stay in Phu Quoc within 30 days will also be granted Vietnam visa exemption. After the visitors’ arrival in Phu Quoc Island, if they want to travel to other localities (outside Phu Quoc island) or stay in the island for more than 30 days, they must apply for a Vietnam visa.
- When should I apply for a Vietnam visa?It takes 2 working days to process a visa online application. Therefore, you need to do it at least 3 days before your trip to Vietnam. However, for proper preparation, you should apply it sooner. It is recommended to apply for a visa from 1 month to 6 months before the arrival date.
- How can I apply for Vietnam visa online?First, you click here to enter the application page. Then fill out the application form with your personal information and select the type of visa you need for your trip. Don’t forget to enter your email because we will send the result to you through email.
– If you are applying for E-visa, please prepare passport scanned and digital photo for uploading.
– If you are applying for visa approval letter of visa on arrival, you no need to submit any documents.Make a payment online. After 2 working days, your visa/ approval letter will be sent to your email.
- How do I obtain a visa for Vietnam?Getting Vietnam visa has become a simple and easy process. You can obtain a Vietnam visa in any of the two methods.E-Visa: If you are eligible for applying for E-visa (80 countries and territories), you just click on the link and apply online. After 2 working days, your E-visa will be done and sent to you via email. You just need to print it and show the E-visa and passport at passport control.Visa on Arrival: To get the visa on arrival, you need to apply for the approval letter. This letter is official by the Immigration department, which allows you to get a visa stamp at the airport. You can apply online here. After 2 working days, you will get the approval letter through email. You need to take a print of the approval letter to submit it at the airport to collect your visa. To collect your visa at the Vietnam airport, you need to submit your approval letter, passport, entry and exit form and pay the stamp fee. After waiting for a minute, your visa will be done, and you can enter through the passport control counter.
- Can I get a visa on arrival in Vietnam?Yes, you can. By applying for ‘Visa on Arrival,’ you can get your visa at your destination airport in Vietnam. It is applicable for all nationalities. However, you should note:Visa on Arrival is applicable only for people who are traveling by air. Vietnam visa on arrival for cheap Vietnam visa is not available for those who are traveling by land or sea.You can get the visa on arrival only if you have the approval letter with you. You need to apply for the approval letter before coming to Vietnam. By getting the visa approval letter, you are approved by the Immigration Department to get the visa at your destination airport in Vietnam.
- How much is Vietnam visa for US citizen?The cost of Vietnam visa depends on the type of visa you choose and the number of days you stay in Vietnam.For Visa on arrival: You need to pay two kinds of fee: service fee and stamp fee- Service fee is the fee you pay online to the travel agent to get the approval letter. This letter is used for boarding the airplane and pick up visa at your destination airport in Vietnamese.- Stamp fee: Fee to get the visa stamp. This fee is directly paid to Immigration Officer at the airport, and it is paid in cash.
Type of visa Service Fee Stamp Fee 1 month single entry 6 USD 25 USD 1 month multiple entry 8 USD 50 USD 3 months single entry 15 USD 25 USD 3 months multiple entry 20 USD 50 USD 6 months multiple entry 30 USD 95 USD 1 year multiple entry 50 USD 135 USD
For E-visa: You are required to pay only one time when applying for this visa online. The price is 40 USD for tourist purpose.
- Does US citizen need a visa to enter Vietnam?Yes, US citizens need a valid visa to enter Vietnam. If you are a US citizen and traveling only to Phu Quoc Island and staying for less than 30 days without visiting any other places in Vietnam, then a visa is not required for you. US citizens holding APEC card can enter Vietnam for up to 90 days free visa.